View Single Post
Old 08-24-2007, 06:24 PM   #13
Dale McPeters
5.0 Block/Walnut Cracker

By the way Lee I guess I should explain why what you are trying to do will work so others that do not know will.......

Short Explaination :

The TwEECer takes over the calibration console of the EEC-IV just like most other J3 modules and uses the binary that is flashed to the TwEECer instead of what is in the EEC-IV. The TwEECer effectively takes over all the calibration data.

The PMS is a piggy back type system that goes in between the EEC-IV and the engine/sensors. It intercepts the signals and modifies them according to the programming that is loaded in the PMS.

When using the two in conjunction with each other the TwEECer would control most all the idle and drivability parameters. The PMS will only come into play when certain conditions are met in stand-a-lone mode just as it does now. This will effectively take the EEC-IV/TwEECer (J3 module) out of the picture when all of the preset parameters in the PMS are met. It will be like the TwEECer is not even there when this happens.

You will however have to make sure that the PMS is not fighting the TwEECer for things such as the idle control motor etc.

I did a setup like this a long time ago with an old style PMS & an EEC-Tuner. When it is setup properly it will work very very well.

Last edited by Dale McPeters; 08-24-2007 at 06:42 PM.
Dale McPeters is offline   Reply With Quote