View Single Post
Old 05-03-2007, 02:35 PM   #4
88 Sleeper Coupe

What can you expect to gain by going to explorer heads over the stock GT heads?

Same with the intake.. if you got the explorer upper and lower and a set of GT40 heads what kinda HP can you gain? My motor currently has a .40 over bore with hyper bottom end and a b303 cam and comp cam valves springs on the stock heads. I haven't had a chance to run it in the 1/8th with the new rear end... (fully rebuilt 8.8 fully shimmed with 3.55 gear and x2c upper and lower control arms) and my weld skinnies and slicks but with slicks (Which didn't help in this case at all) with a factory 2.73 gear it ran 9.0 and 78 in the 1/8th. I'm shooting for 8.7's now with the new rear-end setup and a little more weight reduction maybe 8.6's.

I know you can't play the math game im not trying to find up what it'll pickup in the 1/8th with those heads and intake but an esimate in HP.

Also.. are those heads a direct bolt-on and go upgrade or should you invest in having them ported any before bolting them up?

P.S. Thanks for the nice input. Some forums you ask questions and people are straight up assholes. I'm wanting weight and a budget build to get this car into the 8.5's on motor before spray and im startng to push the limits of my wallet. I was shooting for 8.5's on motor for under $3500 including the $2000 i paid for the car

Last edited by 88 Sleeper Coupe; 05-03-2007 at 02:39 PM.
88 Sleeper Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote