View Single Post
Old 01-29-2006, 03:12 PM   #44
Cougar5.0

Re: New Binary Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86GT
CalCon will write the entire 2000h adress and above to the tweecer. I have changed things like the injector reference, which is not in CalCon, and it worked. I only use the CalCon to open the binary and download it to the tweecer.

sailorbob Nice find!!!
Did you mean CalEdit? Anyway, I spent the time to manually convert my latest tune in to a binary in TunerPro. I burned it on CalEdit and it was a total corruption-fest. Fuel pump would not shut off & even when I started the car with the switch back on the unchanged old tune, much of the data shown in Calcon was garbage. I have to re-burn all of the possible payloads to get the data-collection back to normal. I'm pretty bummed right now as I'm not savvy enough to know what happened. I do know that comparing the binaries in TunerPro show many changes that I never even made - some to "undefined" addresses and some to functions I never ever touched!! Just pasting in my MAF curve over the existing one changes 167 bytes, only 18 of which are directly linked to the MAF change. I'm baffled to say the least.
Cougar5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote