View Single Post
Old 01-29-2006, 11:04 PM   #50
Cougar5.0

Arrow Re: New Binary Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86GT
Yep!!

Which binary did you start with? are you sure it was the A9L and not the X3Z or vise versa?
Yeah, it was A9L for sure. All of the data looked as expected in CalEdit - and I have changed many functions/scalars/tables - I verified all the data as I made changes - Caledit occasionally had issues with filling the highest data point if it was also the highest number for the number of that byte (i.e. 65534, 65535 etc...) - strange roundoff issues happening here.

Filling the MAF and tracking the changes, the flow rates below point 16 (15 & under) will show up as a change in 1 byte at an appropriate address and changes to two bytes at very low numbered addresses. For example, if I change Y axis cell #15 to "100", I get address 6E20 filled with 3E (versus 1D with the stock value of "90") but address 003C & 003D are also changed from the original values. Seems odd that 3 bytes are changed for these fields. Change all the X axis cells, you'll get something with a ton of low address cells filled, but most of which are associated with another function all together? Seems messed up to me and my engine surely woudn't run with this so something is wrong...

Note: A/C Time Delay vs TP (FN087) will write to the same addresses as MAF Transfer starting at 0000 - seems odd to me... A/C Flow Max vs RPM is doing the same thing starting at 000C & EGR Desired Drop vs Flow starting at 0014.

For example, change FN087 Y-axis point 6 & do a "difference tool" & then change MAF Function FN036 Y-axis point 16 & watch how the value in address 0000 changes.

Something seems to be misaligned somewhere...
Cougar5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote