View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 01:42 PM   #8
EHardy1971
Trunk Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by QWKSNKE View Post
I am not sure if I am reading your question right. As far as I know there are no tunes loaded on it. So I should be able to buy some and load them up whenever I have the money. Right? Or is there a limitation how many times this can be done?
In the menu it should say whether it's locked or unlocked. If it's unlocked, it should have 3 tunes on it. If it has 3, you're good to go. If it has 2 or less, the vehicle that has the other tune on it has to be returned to stock, otherwise you won't be able to use it on any other vehicle because it's locked to that one vehicle's VIN. Once it's completely unlocked (back to 3 tune files) it can be used on any vehicle (as long as it's a Ford, etc that the tuner is designed for) you choose. As far as buying custom tunes from SCT, you can buy and download up to 3 IIRC. If the tuner is locked, you can send it to them (or probably have them e-mail you the unlock files) for a fee of $150 from what I've read over on Lightning rodder. I was thinking about buying a used and locked tuner over there awhile back (they usually go for about $75ish) and having it unlocked for the L.
06 TBSS

Last edited by EHardy1971; 03-27-2011 at 01:47 PM.
EHardy1971 is offline   Reply With Quote