View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 02:09 PM   #10
QWKSNKE
3v's are slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by EHardy1971 View Post
In the menu it should say whether it's locked or unlocked. If it's unlocked, it should have 3 tunes on it. If it has 3, you're good to go. If it has 2 or less, the vehicle that has the other tune on it has to be returned to stock, otherwise you won't be able to use it on any other vehicle because it's locked to that one vehicle's VIN. Once it's completely unlocked (back to 3 tune files) it can be used on any vehicle (as long as it's a Ford, etc that the tuner is designed for) you choose. As far as buying custom tunes from SCT, you can buy and download up to 3 IIRC. If the tuner is locked, you can send it to them (or probably have them e-mail you the unlock files) for a fee of $150 from what I've read over on Lightning rodder. I was thinking about buying a used and locked tuner over there awhile back (they usually go for about $75ish) and having it unlocked for the L.
Yes it is suppose to be unlocked. I have to take the seller's word on it and will know for sure when I receive it.

Side note, I would NEVER consider buying a tune from SCT. Waste of money when you can buy from more reputable shops for the same price or less
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sct1.jpg (192.2 KB, 7 views)
03 F250 SD.. Edge Evo, AFE Stage 1 CAI
08 GT. JBA axle back, FRPP springs, FRPP swaybars.. daughter's
01 Cobra vert... wife's

I need a new toy

Last edited by QWKSNKE; 03-27-2011 at 02:18 PM.
QWKSNKE is offline   Reply With Quote