View Single Post
Old 05-29-2007, 03:10 PM   #15
QWKSNKE
3v's are slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93Cobra#2771 View Post
I agree with lee, scoops are at about the same point as the factory piece, and they are closer to the wheel as well. Closer to the wheel makes them even less likely to get knocked off since the wheel will be going over the bump at almost the same time.

I think that was the intent with the design. Brian brought up an a good point in comparing them to the March Ram air kit but like Richard stated, the ram air kit scoop sits at least 8-9" further forward than these intercooler scoops do. To me this helps in not limiting the approach angle like a ram air scoop does. Think about it, how many times has anybody scrubbed the OEM air diffuser. The only time I have done it is offroading in people's yards (mostly my own)

I agree with coupe too. If there is room for a set of Spal fans to go on the intercoolers than that would be cool too.
They are only making this setup for the prochargers as of right now. To bad for them because I think they would sell more if they offered a similar setup for Vortech or Paxton blowers
03 F250 SD.. Edge Evo, AFE Stage 1 CAI
08 GT. JBA axle back, FRPP springs, FRPP swaybars.. daughter's
01 Cobra vert... wife's

I need a new toy
QWKSNKE is offline   Reply With Quote