View Single Post
Old 02-15-2006, 05:42 PM   #1
Italian LX
Daddy x4 ...we're done

Thumbs up AutoMeter Service Dept. = A+++++

I bought an AutoMeter 5774 electric nitrous pressure gauge off of Ebay a month ago for $118.00 shipped.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWN%3AIT

After installing the gauge, I found out that it didn't work correctly. With no pressure on the line, it would 'zero' around 250psi and it seemed to be about 300 or so psi off at the upper pressures. On top of that, the readings seemed to raise slowly as the temperature increased in the engine compartment. I assumed it was a bad sending unit and I was kind of upset since the auction was sold as "great working condition, and also works flawlessly."

The seller did respond to my complaint, but quickly pointed out that is was sold "as is" and he claims it worked when he shipped it. I suggested that he contact the shipper and see if they would cover it. He was slow to respond and I just decided to go ahead and send it to AutoMeter and see how much the repair was.

I shipped it two Thursdays ago (they recieved it on Tuesday, February 7th according to my UPS tracking number). I came home today to find a package from them that contained a BRAND NEW gauge/sending unit including all the hardware, instructions and even a complete unmolested wiring harness (I had only sent back part of the harness since it would've been too much trouble to rip it out of the car). Along with the replacement was a service order sheet with N/C in the cost column!

I'm not sure if they were able to determine that the gauge wasn't that old and covered it under warranty or what, but needless to say that I am extremely pleased with both the free replacement and the extremely quick turn-around time.

AutoMeter =

'86 Mustang GT Convertible
'88 Mustang LX coupe
'11 Odyssey TE
'21 Insight Touring
Italian LX is offline   Reply With Quote