Thread: Spark at Boot
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2008, 08:05 PM   #1
aakate

Spark at Boot

At night I can cut all lights out and look at each spark plug boot and see blue fire jumping off boot. I m bout out of options here, ive tried 2 sets msd wires 1 set fairly new fms wire and count less spark plugs. The problem still exist. Also everywhere the wires touch ground you can see blue like spark coming from wires.

My ign. set up is msd 6al, msd dizzy, blaster coil.

Also heads are alum. which each are grounded to block and from there to chasis then to battery.

Think ive done been through basics which are msd is wired straight to batt., tried different msd and coil, pickup ohms out, also get good ohm reading from msd ground at batt to coil ground at coil, tried 2 different rotor buttons and caps. Each set of wires have ohmed out good. I also get different characteristic when i swap pick up coil wires and eighterway the problem still there. Would gap cause spark not go to ground correctly, currently at 50 thou. Also dizzy has been phased in.

And currently using autolite 3924 plugs. Fuel has been cut back little to cut down on detonation. Timing is at 35 36 full advanced. Engine seems to have good idle and vac around 10 12. I can also feel the engine missing as rpms go up. Spark plus reads timing to be close but that read would not be correct if all the spark aint gettn to plug.

Has anyone even experienced this problem before.

I maybe tackleing all the wrong things.

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.
aakate is offline   Reply With Quote