View Single Post
Old 04-26-2005, 10:30 AM   #16
Italian LX
Daddy x4 ...we're done

Re: Analyze my Datalog. . .tell me what's causing this

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86GT
I just replaced my ECT too. Do not buy the cheap plastic one. They tend to go bad after a year. I have gone through two of them already. I now have the original Borg Warner version.
The one I bought cost $20 at AAP. Thanks for the tip; I'll check and see what brand it is.

Quote:
Another food for thought. . .
Hey, I'm grasping straws, so I appreciate any direction that you can point me in.... no matter how far fetched it may seem.

Quote:
. . . If the EEC power relay was on the fritz then it could cause what you are seeing. Since you are monitoring the EEC while this is happening, the EEC loses power, but the Tweecer plugged into the laptop is supplying the minimum voltage. The PC will not be able to supply the full current and things begin to drop off.
This has also happened without the laptop hooked up. It's also weird that the ACT stays normal while the ECT fluctuates.

I've got a DataQ that I can tap into the EEC power circuits. I can use it to datalog in the WinDaq software -- that way, I can see if the power relay maybe causing an issue.

'86 Mustang GT Convertible
'88 Mustang LX coupe
'11 Odyssey TE
'21 Insight Touring
Italian LX is offline   Reply With Quote