View Single Post
Old 05-07-2007, 02:42 PM   #25
joker
Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italian LX View Post
No, I'm basing it off the fact that it's easy to convey wrong information about someone else's car. I sometimes have trouble keeping up with my own numbers let alone 20 other cars that I have seen run.

Hell, I have wrenched on and driven Lee's car and I know more about it than most anyone, but I still have to ask him about old track times, power numbers, etc.
Just because it is easy to convey the wrong information doesnt mean that is it wrong though. I am not trying to argue with you, just letting you know that I am positive on the numbers because honesltly that is the fastest car I have driven down a track.

Also if you think about it, nitrous is going to gain you more time in the first 1/8th than it will in the second 1/8th soley because of the fact that you gain so much torque and increased momentum off of the line. In the second 1/8th of a mile the torque isnt really benefiting the car as much because the resistance to movement has already been largely overcome. If you are looking at a gain of 1.2 seconds over the coarse of the 1/4 I would be willing to bet at least .7 of that gain is coming in the first 1/8th mile. No way to test that theory though as someone would have to be really handy with the button to only spray the first 1/8 or second 1/8th.

Last edited by joker; 05-07-2007 at 02:54 PM.
joker is offline   Reply With Quote