View Single Post
Old 05-07-2007, 04:53 PM   #28
QWKSNKE
3v's are slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by joker View Post

Also if you think about it, nitrous is going to gain you more time in the first 1/8th than it will in the second 1/8th soley because of the fact that you gain so much torque and increased momentum off of the line. In the second 1/8th of a mile the torque isnt really benefiting the car as much because the resistance to movement has already been largely overcome.
Wished I could figure how to get my agreement and disagreement with the above from my brain to my fingers so I could put a response in

Quote:
Originally Posted by joker
If you are looking at a gain of 1.2 seconds over the coarse of the 1/4 I would be willing to bet at least .7 of that gain is coming in the first 1/8th mile.
I 98% agree with that statement. While I do agree about the nitrous torque getting you off the line you got to remember that everything you gain is almost doubled when stretching it out to the 1/4 mile. Hell just knocking a tenth off your 60' is worth 2-3 tenths off your 1/4 e.t. on a clean run.

By the way, knocking .7 in the 1/8 in your old 96 is very impressive. Was the nitrous and n/a comparison on your car performed on a good sticky tire?

While I have done it yet, I feel confident my car as it sits now has a 7.95 1/8 12.4 1/4 in it on motor. (best as of this week is 8.00 and 12.50) I am interested to see what kind of times I get on motor and on a 150 shot this weekend at track day.
03 F250 SD.. Edge Evo, AFE Stage 1 CAI
08 GT. JBA axle back, FRPP springs, FRPP swaybars.. daughter's
01 Cobra vert... wife's

I need a new toy
QWKSNKE is offline   Reply With Quote