View Single Post
Old 05-07-2007, 05:35 PM   #29
joker
Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by QWKSNKE View Post
I 98% agree with that statement. While I do agree about the nitrous torque getting you off the line you got to remember that everything you gain is almost doubled when stretching it out to the 1/4 mile. Hell just knocking a tenth off your 60' is worth 2-3 tenths off your 1/4 e.t. on a clean run.
Yes, but what does lowering your 60' knock off of your 1/8th mile time? What is to say that 2 to 3 tenths you are gaining in the 1/4 isnt gained in the first 1/8th? Even if you could run test srpaying in only the respective 1/8 mile halves your results would still not be dead on accurate because as we all know in drag racing there are TOO many variables to duplicate the other factors exactly every time. [/QUOTE]

Quote:
By the way, knocking .7 in the 1/8 in your old 96 is very impressive. Was the nitrous and n/a comparison on your car performed on a good sticky tire?
Thank you. Yes, it was N/A compression. Mods done were prochamber, mufflers, 4.10 gears, pullies, and a 125 wet kit. It was done on ET streets right after they ran the bracket races at Bama and before the import crowd pulled up all the vht, so the track was good and sticky as well.

Quote:
While I have done it yet, I feel confident my car as it sits now has a 7.95 1/8 12.4 1/4 in it on motor. (best as of this week is 8.00 and 12.50) I am interested to see what kind of times I get on motor and on a 150 shot this weekend at track day.
It will be intersting to see. I wouldnt be too suprised to see a 7.0 to 7.2 in the 1/8th though. Since the track should be hooking much better than Steele I think you will see some really nice gains, even in the 1/8th.
joker is offline   Reply With Quote