View Single Post
Old 08-22-2007, 12:34 PM   #6
Dale McPeters
5.0 Block/Walnut Cracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by QWKSNKE View Post
I have a hard time believe that a 'real' standalone is worth the money when you could do something like this for half the money.
Besides, it seems that with a real standalone unit I would still have the same drivability problems I have now.

Dale needs to hurry up and get busy on his cars so that he can tell me what he can do with his AEM unit
Lee,

What you propose to do will work just fine as one will control all idle and most of the drivability. The other will only control it after a certain rpm etc. has been reached. That is what we will probably have to do with Lee Hay's EPEC if he usese it in piggy back mode. This has been done before......

I have been playing with the AEM EMS......

I also pulled the receipt for the AEM EMS last night and when I bought it from Bob Kurgan it was cheaper than the cost of a PMS Series IV & a used TwEECer-RT. And it can control every aspect of tuning including idle & drivability. The AEM is stand-a-lone as far as tuning. It is only plug & play in the sense that it plugs into the factory wiring harness & it can be used with all factory sensors etc.

I will drop you a pm shortly.

-Dale