View Single Post
Old 03-30-2015, 10:50 AM   #54
EZ SPEED
Friends

I cant afford the "Corvette Tax" on exhaust systems for my car. Cheapest system is $750, the two that I really would like are crazy expensive, one is $1200 and the Akrapovic is $2500.

The ($750 - $1100) cheaper ones DRONE like crazy which is unacceptable to me and the other 2 dont drone...but are not even close to being in my budget !! ($1200 - $2500)

So I did some reseach and decided to build my own. I got the measurements for the mufflers from the companys online webpage and built a mockup muffler out of poster board and made sure I could make them fit before I ever ordered a single piece.

Then using $100 worth of gift certificates that I had been given...I ordered everything from summit and it only cost me $276 out of my pocket and about 10 hours to build it. (i didnt use one of the 180 bends and I didnt use the v-bands that are pictured)

I used Flowmaster 4" Dual chrome tips and Dynomax VT mufflers which brag about no drone at crusing speeds...and they are correct !! I am VERY happy with my choice in mufflers !!

Last edited by EZ SPEED; 03-30-2015 at 02:13 PM.
EZ SPEED is offline   Reply With Quote