View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 08:03 PM   #1
TheJeanyus
Administrator

1998 Mustang GT Coupe - It's here, so let the fun begin

The good news - the car arrived today.

The bad news - the clutch is toast, the shocks/struts bounce around like a 70's model Lincoln, and it's slow as molasses. At least it was cheap. Seriously though, even though it's one of the least desirable modern Mustangs, the car is special to me.

I think I know what I want to do with the suspension and chassis bracing (MM Maximum Grip Package), and that's next on "the list". Brakes aren't as bad as I remembered from driving it back in July, but I already have Bullitt stuff to put on the front courtesy of Craigslist. Also have Hawk HPS pads and a set of Speedbleeders for the front and rear. I've already hit Coupe up for a clutch, aluminum flywheel, quadrant, cable, etc.

So, once I've recovered from all of THAT, here's what I'm wanting to do:
- Full exhaust (since the K member is coming out, it'll be "easy" to do long tubes)
- Aftermarket head unit w/ Bluetooth
- Upgrade speakers, add a small sub and amp
- 4.10s
- PI heads (if I get the guts, I may give porting them a shot) and intake, some sort of aftermarket cams
- What options do I have for tuning it myself? I don't mind datalogging and playing around with it (I dare say I might even enjoy it), but if it doesn't make sense money-wise on such a simple setup I'd consider just ordering a chip or having someone else tune it.
- Eventually I'd like some different wheels, a Cobra bumper, an S281 wing, and some kind of small cowl hood (Cervinis regular cowl or '95 R most likely).

It didn't get here until after dark, so I'll get some pictures soon. I need to clean it up first, too - it got FILTHY on the way here. Besides, it looks just like every other Mustang GT with chrome Cobra Rs.

Last edited by TheJeanyus; 05-28-2013 at 07:54 AM.
TheJeanyus is offline   Reply With Quote