View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 02:16 PM   #1
GoldnGT
.RAR

Send a message via AIM to GoldnGT Send a message via MSN to GoldnGT Send a message via Yahoo to GoldnGT
Fun times the other nite

Was coming home from the galleria the other nite and heard a clunk sound under the car.. typical sound if you hit a rock and threw it up under the car.. just bouncing through the wheel wells. about a mile later, i heard it again and decided that it wasn't a coincidence.

I hit the brakes to pull off on the shoulder and heard an awful... bam! from the front right side. I hit the brakes and they were very spongy. I hit them again, and they were solid and slowly went down, hit them again same thing, finally got off the side of the road and heard another loud bam!

i got out and went around to the front passenger side where the air was leaking out of my tire, and i noticed a funny thing. The caliper was in FRONT of the rotor, leaking brake fluid of course.

I had to get it towed and dropped it off at Tire Engineers on Southside.

Got a call from them yesterday and i've gotta get the backing plate and caliper replaced... as well as the rim, where the caliper cracked the inner wall (pic below) and since the tire was flat and pretty well locked up, gotta replace the tire as well =(

Wondering if any of you could think of any reason that would happen. I replaced the brakes in the front about two years ago, and torqued everything to spec... could the bolts just worked their way back out over time, or do you think they actually snapped? I would have gotten a pic, or taken the tire off and looked, but it was just as all of that hard rain moved in on Sunday, so I was just happy to get it on a flatbed and off of the side of the interstate.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wheel.jpg (143.4 KB, 42 views)
GoldnGT is offline   Reply With Quote