View Single Post
Old 07-09-2007, 08:55 AM   #1
88 Sleeper Coupe

Project Back-to-Life: 84.5 GT350 20th Anniversary Fox !!

Alright guys.. heres a fun little project I picked up. Incase any of you know about my other mustang (Joker's old coupe) I still have it and plan to keep it forever. I found this little booger in someones garage in a nice little subdivision in a neighboring city. I picked up the car, the cobra wheels with brand new tires, the stock wheels, an extra roller block suran wrapped on an engine stand and other bits and pieces for only $1400. The paint is old and needs to be resprayed but the body doesn't even have as much as a door ding. The interior is immaculant minus the driver seat has two small tears. I was going to have both reupholstered for about $100 each and get a dash pad for the cracked dash. Carpet and all the paneling and rear seats/hatch area look brand new.

Car is a 5 speed car and the underbody looked clean. A little but of rust under the hatch (I'm told thats usual) and some surface here and there from sitting in his garage for about a year and a half.

Negative Side: MOTOR LOCKED!!! I have it at my mechanics now. The old owner showed me the factory intake manifold where he said he put way too much silicone on it and it didn't seal right and water got into the motor and locked it up. We're gonna find out what happened for sure within the next few days.

Positive Side: Brand new 4-lug cobra wheels with tires that look like they have about 500 miles on them. Motor has MSD billet distributor, MSD 6al box, MSD blaster coil, Edelbrock intake, Holley 650 electric choke carb with carb spacer, Long tube headers, brand new alternator, brand new clutch and fan assembly a long with a few other odds and ends.

Car also came with a clean title, and two important pieces of information: The original sale sheet, and the original FACTORY BUILD SHEET!!! Its a moon-roof car also which made it worth a little more.

Here are some pictures of the car in his garage, the motor, and then some pictures with all four wheels on and my cowl hood I bought just laying on top of it for the time being.

Plan is to rip the motor out today or tommorrow and go from there. Once the motor is fixed and running the car will be re-sprayed white with new gt350 graphic, and at which point then the car will go to the upholstery shop to get the seats recovered and a piece of the headliner fixed. Then she'll be driven on weekends and to local car shows and put in storage when not in use. I plan to hold on to this one for a long time.

Pictures coming soon! A bit too large to upload here.

Last edited by 88 Sleeper Coupe; 07-09-2007 at 08:59 AM.
88 Sleeper Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote