View Single Post
Old 04-23-2010, 04:28 PM   #6
Shorty
Pr0j3ct P1mp T1t3, y0!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wall96cobra View Post
I thought he said he removed the alarm brain but if not Lee is right definitely start there. If the parking lights don't go off with the alarm disconnected then there maybe a relay in-line with the parking light wire that is shorted or has a wire shorted keeping it energized. Some alarms require an external relay to flash lights due to current draw. As far as the other lights go there is more than likely another fuse blown somewhere that you missed or something still shorted that is causing a fuse you replaced to keep blowing.
alarm is disconnected. not only is the brain out of the car but the factory harness is disconnected from the harness adapter (where the alarm was spliced in) so there is no current to anything alarm related.

fuses. upon initial checking there were two blown fuses which were replaced and have not blown again since. that still leaves the relay/circuit breakers located in the fuse panel which i am currently trying to find enough detail on to see if they even affect lighting. as stated originally if i jumper power to the alarm harness i can get the dome light and chime to come which otherwise will not now. i am not sure if by jumping i am putting power to opposite side of a blown breaker or what. i have not yet located and external relay for the lights but that doesnt mean the guy didnt tuck it away somewhere. i usually do this kind of stuff myself but wasnt able to when this alarm and stereo went in and this guy did a terrible job.