View Single Post
Old 04-23-2010, 04:34 PM   #7
Shorty
Pr0j3ct P1mp T1t3, y0!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabbinandstabbin View Post
i would start with the wire that the ground touched. it could have melted in the harness and feeding back through the light switch. also check that ground it could have lost connection at the connector or fried the wire into. really more sounds like a ground problem to me. if something looses it ground, then the ground becomes a hot and will bleed over to something else. good luck with it. probably gonnna be hard to find but at least you have a place to start. hope this helps you.
hard to be exactly sure which one was the culprit cause where it occured is where the wiring for the alarm and sterro joined into the harness adapter. here is the thing that confuses me, after this the alarm was non-functional but the park lights were on and there was power at alarm harness. this would lead to believe alarm is fried but removing the system did not change constant park light illumination or absence of dome light and chime. this continues to add to the confustion cause i have tested voltage at each harness/connection point using both the ground and positive side at that point. my thinking was that if i had lost ground somewhere then i would have not have had the negative to got a reading on the volt meter.