03 F250 SD.. Edge Evo, AFE Stage 1 CAI
08 GT. JBA axle back, FRPP springs, FRPP swaybars.. daughter's
01 Cobra vert... wife's

I need a new toy
QWKSNKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 07:14 AM   #12
Dale McPeters
5.0 Block/Walnut Cracker

What did you guy's decide about the tapatalk feature?

I am on the internet more on my I-Phone than my computer here lately so it would really help.....
Old 04-21-2010, 12:00 PM   #13
Sendero
Im gonna show her my...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale McPeters View Post
What did you guy's decide about the tapatalk feature?

I am on the internet more on my I-Phone than my computer here lately so it would really help.....
If it's truly free then I don't see why not. Now, finding the time to sit down and install it will be an issue.

"I believe that a person's moral compass can be determined by how he references free men the right to defend themselves." T. Nugent
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." R. Heinlein
"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience." -Unknown
Sendero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 10:57 AM   #14
Dale McPeters
5.0 Block/Walnut Cracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendero View Post
If it's truly free then I don't see why not. Now, finding the time to sit down and install it will be an issue.
You sound like me running all the time anymore............
Old 05-04-2010, 05:03 PM   #15
Dale McPeters
5.0 Block/Walnut Cracker

Hmmmmmm.......
Old 06-11-2010, 10:50 AM   #16
Dale McPeters
5.0 Block/Walnut Cracker

Help I am having I-Phone eye-das...........
Old 06-14-2010, 01:26 PM   #17
Sendero
Im gonna show her my...

I played with this a good bit and demo'd it on a few other sites. A few gripes:
  1. There's a "free" version of the app and a $2.99 version app. While $2.99 is cheap in relative terms, it's also a little above average on app cost. But this biggest gripe is the "free" version spams you with pop-ups prompting you to buy the paid version.
  2. If you access a forum that has Tapatalk loaded and you don't have the app installed it throws up this annoying pop-up every time you return to the main forum page. Initially I thought this only happened for iPhones, but it's happening on Crackberrys too judging from reports on the 'net. If I don't want the pop-ups I can't opt out of them, which makes me not want to buy their software.
  3. PHP 5.2.2 was released in the first part of May. The server this forum resides on runs this version of PHP. Talkatalk doesn't work with PHP 5.2.2 (currently).

I'll revisit this in a few weeks to see if they have fixed the 5.2.2 issues, but the pop-ups are almost a dealbreaker for me.

"I believe that a person's moral compass can be determined by how he references free men the right to defend themselves." T. Nugent
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." R. Heinlein
"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience." -Unknown
Old 06-14-2010, 02:02 PM   #18
Dale McPeters
5.0 Block/Walnut Cracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendero View Post
I played with this a good bit and demo'd it on a few other sites. A few gripes:
  1. There's a "free" version of the app and a $2.99 version app. While $2.99 is cheap in relative terms, it's also a little above average on app cost. But this biggest gripe is the "free" version spams you with pop-ups prompting you to buy the paid version.
  2. If you access a forum that has Tapatalk loaded and you don't have the app installed it throws up this annoying pop-up every time you return to the main forum page. Initially I thought this only happened for iPhones, but it's happening on Crackberrys too judging from reports on the 'net. If I don't want the pop-ups I can't opt out of them, which makes me not want to buy their software.
  3. PHP 5.2.2 was released in the first part of May. The server this forum resides on runs this version of PHP. Talkatalk doesn't work with PHP 5.2.2 (currently).

I'll revisit this in a few weeks to see if they have fixed the 5.2.2 issues, but the pop-ups are almost a dealbreaker for me.
Thanks Snedero....
I use the $2.99 version anyway so I do not have that problem.
If you do not want to install it after you have looked at it later that is fine.
I am planning on buying an I-Pad later anyway so I can thether my I-phone or what ever I need to do and use Safari..
Old 06-15-2010, 07:14 AM   #19
Sendero
Im gonna show her my...

I like the software and since I carry an iPhone it would be muy useful. Its just a little annoying how they spam everyone else who doesn't use their software.