StreetStangs.net  

Go Back   StreetStangs.net > Technical > 2.3 Tech

Old 01-23-2009, 11:52 AM   #11
SvoBrown

Replace the fuel pump. Do the 42# injectors and adjust the fuel pressure. THe chip is a lot of leg work unless you know the guy that does it. My guy is in texas and it was $125 for 2 days of leg work and the 3 trips to the dyno. BUt I am happy!!!

Then you could do the stand alone and be very very happy!
Old 01-24-2009, 03:35 PM   #12
coreydaniel

i have the LA2 computer, big vane air, and im going for like a 46 or 55 lbs injector. Id like to either do a blow thru meter or just convert to mass air. I dont like having the meter in front of the turbo, i feel like its a big restriction.
coreydaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 10:10 PM   #13
coupe
Super Moderator

It's better upstream than downstream of the compressor. If I'm not mistaken, the VAM can support around 400rwhp before it chokes. I've seen well into the 300's with them.
Old 01-25-2009, 06:59 AM   #14
SvoBrown

Same with coupe. Of the wide bands I have seen it was a little harder to control the fuel and had some power control problems as far as the pedal. trailer hitching, bucking as you let out of the throttle. And of the ones that changed out of the stock eec and went with stand alones the power pickup was surprising. Thats where you get a good tune and the engine is working all the way instead of being held back by timing and fuel.
Nothing looks better than a 12 to one straight across as the rpms go up.

Stay stock and upgrade the fuel, injectors, turbo, intercooler and you should hit 300 easy.
That means valves, rings, and cam are in good shape too! Bent valves will hurt your feelings. I know.
upgrade eec and get the right tune. then smile.
Old 01-25-2009, 07:33 AM   #15
SlowJoe
Mind Blowing

i set my VAM up like you are talking about. Stinger on turbo ford built my program for the blow through setup and it worked good. But at the boost you are wanting it will blow the VAM up!

i ran the 42s out of the the 83-84 ford thottle bodys with stock set up computer for a while with fuel set around 40 psi with no problems at 20 psi.
WTB 1955 t-bird project
SlowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 12:36 PM   #16
coreydaniel

Ok thanks for the tips. What is program is best to upgrade for the injecor size with. Tweecer or just use the moates stuff? The tweecer rt has datalogging. I know a guy who is a SCT dealer too, would it be better to just let him handle that part of it?
coreydaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 01:42 PM   #17
SvoBrown

What every you get you have a long learning curve if you want to do it yourself. I tried to find someone to do mine. Took a while (1 year) but it got done.
Moates is a cheaper way to do it. But you have to have software, datalogger. dyno time, programer.

Best, way to do this is find someone that knows how to do it and pay them. I have been out of the loop on programers for a while. Holly commander or sds has been the better of the programmers.

The datalogger was a good thing to have but after you do your tune it is no longer needed.
Dyno may be cheaper with someone there to do the chip burn. Look in the http://www.streetstangs.net/forumdisplay.php?f=21 and see what you can find.

Last edited by SvoBrown; 01-25-2009 at 01:45 PM.
SvoBrown is offline   Reply With Quote