StreetStangs.net  

Go Back   StreetStangs.net > Technical > EEC Management > Tweecer
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2006, 09:33 AM   #1
TT331FB

SN95 decel wierdness

I have owned four Fox mustangs and now I have my first SN95. All of my Foxes, Auto or stick, would decel as soon as you let off the throttle. The SN95 seems to wait a while before the ICS allows the RPMs to drop. Maybe it's the difference in the tunes used by the A9X family vs the Sn95 computers. My '94 vert has no idle issues. I notice the throttle hanging between shifts. When I go 4th to 5th the rpms actualy go up a few hundred RPM when I put in the clutch. When I coast downhill, after about 10 seconds being off the throttle, the engine braking will increase (act normal). I am used to decel as soon as you are off the throttle. Is this normal SN95 wierdness?

Eric
TT331FB - T3/.6/.63 turbos, Spearco intercooler, 302/331 Mexican Block,AFR 185 heads, 80mm MAF, 75mm TB, 50# injectors, Tweecer, Track Heat intake, Comp cams roller blower grind, MSD BTM, DIY-WB, Yokogawa video display,T-56 tranny, 9" 3.5:1 Traclock, 4x disk brakes, TCP most everything, shelby roll bar. First fire up 2/14/2004.
TT331FB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 09:39 AM   #2
Sendero
Im gonna show her my...

My 96 Cobra "hangs" the RPMs on decel and when idling at the light with the clutch pushed in. When the clutch is out, it idles just fine and returns to idle after a little goose. I would say its "normal" except if its hanging for more than a few seconds, if it is you'll need to clean your Idle Air Bypass valve.

"I believe that a person's moral compass can be determined by how he references free men the right to defend themselves." T. Nugent
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." R. Heinlein
"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience." -Unknown
Sendero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 10:35 AM   #3
slvrbullit
Super Moderator

Welcome to the weird world of SN-95's especially the 5.0s they are more of a pain in the ass than any of them.

2000 Ford F-350 Dually Lariat LE Crew Cab Short Box
7.3 auto 168,000 miles
slvrbullit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 03:20 PM   #4
CrazyInBlack
Crusin...

when my idle air valve went bad it would do stuff like that, but it was a 4.6
Liberal education has nothing to do with liberal or conservative politics. Liberal education is the simple idea of a broad and well-rounded course of study in the humanities, social sciences, sciences, and the arts. The overarching goal is to liberate the mind from ignorance and superstition.
CrazyInBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 07:34 PM   #5
bill302

yes,its normal with the sn95...mine does the same the rpm's will actually rise a little between shifts...and when coasting i begin to feel gear drag at about 2000 rpms after letting off gas..

1995 GT,TKO500,cobra intake,pro5.0 shifter,King Cobra Clutch,Compucar n2o wetkit,BBK underdrive pulleys,custom x pipe,flowmasters,2.5" exhaust,3"chrometips,Hooker shortys,chrome Cobra R rims w/ 05 spinners,PBR double piston calipers,aluminum driveshaft,MSD coil,Accel wires,K&N filter,CAI,3.73 gears.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2138402

Last edited by bill302; 12-11-2006 at 07:39 PM.
bill302 is offline   Reply With Quote