StreetStangs.net  

Go Back   StreetStangs.net > Technical > Mod Motor Tech (4.6 & 5.4)
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2005, 09:49 AM   #31
M1Speed

Re: '03 Mustang GT/ ---TOPIC SPLIT---

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99LS1
Pissing in the wind or not, if you can't take your car down the track in stock form and get a decent time out of it; what makes you think throwing money at it is going to fix a driving problem?
the only thing i have done as far as better times down a track is tires. Before i start any power adders i need to learn my car in and out for every element.
Old 07-20-2005, 10:18 AM   #32
QWKSNKE
3v's are slow

Quote:
I wouldn't tell someone new to cars to put nitrous on it. He'd probably be happy w/ the gears & slicks and figuring out how to drive.
It depends. As long as they research it and understand how it works or ask people that have used it. Then no big deal. Whether you are new to cars or not when you step across the line to any type of power adder it will be new. Got news for everybody that don't know, figuring out how to drive 1 setup goes completely out the window on other setups

Now, I don't know what Joker posted or why it was edited but I wouldn't recommend putting ANY new part on a car not knowing what it does or how it affects the car. I studied nitrous in books and online for at least a month or so before buying and installing the kit on my car. Also read a lot and researched during the time the Procharger was bought and installed.

Like Joker said above, Nitrous is fun as hell. (but then any poweradder that gives you a significant amount of power and torque is fun)
03 F250 SD.. Edge Evo, AFE Stage 1 CAI
08 GT. JBA axle back, FRPP springs, FRPP swaybars.. daughter's
01 Cobra vert... wife's

I need a new toy
QWKSNKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 12:57 PM   #33
Shorty
Pr0j3ct P1mp T1t3, y0!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sickness
I would recommend SCT chip, 3.73 gears, and better tires
Mod Motor = 4:10's you guys have the range might as well use it.
Old 07-20-2005, 03:44 PM   #34
99LS1
*WWIP* Saving for Evo XXI

Quote:
Originally Posted by QWKSNKE
It depends. As long as they research it and understand how it works or ask people that have used it. Then no big deal. Whether you are new to cars or not when you step across the line to any type of power adder it will be new. Got news for everybody that don't know, figuring out how to drive 1 setup goes completely out the window on other setups

Now, I don't know what Joker posted or why it was edited but I wouldn't recommend putting ANY new part on a car not knowing what it does or how it affects the car. I studied nitrous in books and online for at least a month or so before buying and installing the kit on my car. Also read a lot and researched during the time the Procharger was bought and installed.

Like Joker said above, Nitrous is fun as hell. (but then any poweradder that gives you a significant amount of power and torque is fun)
I agree, someone new to cars = someone who hasn't researched nitrous.

If he knew about his car & mods & was fairly comfortable with it, then it's completely different than what we are talking about.
Old 07-20-2005, 05:49 PM   #35
Wicked
Friends

Send a message via AIM to Wicked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italian LX
I would have to agree. Hell, I've been racing for 10 years now and still haven't used nitrous.

You've got to crawl before you walk. . . but if you use nitrous improperly, be prepared to walk everywhere you go.

Work Car:
2005 Honda Odyssey
400 whp Turbo V6, 6-speed, full cage, H&R Suspension, Brembo Brakes
Wicked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 08:07 PM   #36
M1Speed

Quote:
If he knew about his car & mods & was fairly comfortable with it, then it's completely different than what we are talking about.
Knowing your car then doing mods is one thing. Not knowing your car and doing a bunch of mods at once, is not a good thing. Yeah the car will be a monster but you want know what is helping what and what is not working with something else.