StreetStangs.net  

Go Back   StreetStangs.net > Technical > Ford Pushrod Tech (5.0 & 5.8)
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2006, 06:46 PM   #31
Hotrod

Re: clutch and flywheel

I know what weight is supposed to be on it. Im wanting to if I have to put the flywheel on the crank in a certain position or not since the is offset.
Hotrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 07:00 PM   #32
ERStettin

I am not sure I understand your question. If you are asking if there is a certain way the flywheel needs to bolt up to the crank then the answer is yeah. There is only one way that it will go on and go on correctly. You have to experiment with it and make sure it is all lined up correctly before all 5 bolts will line up and thread into the crank. Is that what you are asking?
Dart 360 (ADPerformance), FTI AFR 225, FTI Edelbrock Victor EFI, FTI Cam, Pro M 80 MM (42lb injectors), KOOKS Longtubes 1 7/8 inch to 2 inch to 3.5 inch collectors, Pro Motion TKO, FMS 4.88, Global West Suspension, ET Drags, TwEECer RT

10.74 @ 127.68 (best so far)

THANKS : Ed Curtis www.flowtechinduction.com, Dave of www.jdsperformance.com, Walt of Pro Motion Transmissions, Jack of www.musclemotors.com, Brian of www.adperformance.com and Matt of SPEC clutches (www.specclutch.com)
ERStettin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 07:26 PM   #33
Hotrod

Well kinda.

I just don twant ot put the weight on the wrong side of the crank and the thing not run right. Basically I want to know if the weight has to be at a certain position/degree on the crank to make it run properly.
Old 05-01-2006, 08:28 PM   #34
ERStettin

I understand your question now. I am almost certain it will only line up one way. That prevents you from putting it on the wrong way. Bolt it up. If it threads in all 5 holes, you got it. You will see what I mean when you look at it. The weight stays where it is at. Good luck.
Dart 360 (ADPerformance), FTI AFR 225, FTI Edelbrock Victor EFI, FTI Cam, Pro M 80 MM (42lb injectors), KOOKS Longtubes 1 7/8 inch to 2 inch to 3.5 inch collectors, Pro Motion TKO, FMS 4.88, Global West Suspension, ET Drags, TwEECer RT

10.74 @ 127.68 (best so far)

THANKS : Ed Curtis www.flowtechinduction.com, Dave of www.jdsperformance.com, Walt of Pro Motion Transmissions, Jack of www.musclemotors.com, Brian of www.adperformance.com and Matt of SPEC clutches (www.specclutch.com)
Old 05-01-2006, 09:26 PM   #35
Italian LX
Daddy x4 ...we're done

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERStettin
You have to experiment with it and make sure it is all lined up correctly before all 5 bolts will line up and thread into the crank.
He is correct about there only being one way all the bolts will line up.

. . . however, all the 302 cranks I have seen have 6 bolts.
Italian LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 05:35 AM   #36
Hotrod

Okay Ill give it a try once I get the headers in.
Old 05-02-2006, 09:21 AM   #37
coupe
Super Moderator

Yea Hotrod...
the 6 holes are not all on 60º angles...a couple are off (64º and 56º) to where it will only bolt up one way.

Trust me...I had to find these angles out to make the billet flywheels.
Old 05-02-2006, 02:03 PM   #38
ERStettin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italian LX

. . . however, all the 302 cranks I have seen have 6 bolts.
I bought the VERY lightweight crank. It is super secret and very few are running it. The less bolts you have to use, the lighter the setup.
Old 05-10-2006, 05:39 AM   #39
Hotrod

Well I got the headers yestersday and got them installed. It took us 3.5 hours to get the passenger side in and about 5 minutes on the driver side. I put the clywheel up to the crank to check the bolt alignment. I found the spot where it only lined up once. It didnt bolt it down though. That will be tonights work. Hopefulyl I can get the entire clutch assembly put in.
Old 05-10-2006, 06:36 AM   #40
Italian LX
Daddy x4 ...we're done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrod
It took us 3.5 hours to get the passenger side in and about 5 minutes on the driver side.
Yep, that sounds about right.
Italian LX is offline   Reply With Quote