StreetStangs.net  

Go Back   StreetStangs.net > Technical > Ford Pushrod Tech (5.0 & 5.8)
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2006, 05:16 PM   #1
ERStettin

Stiffer springs or not?

I am the white coupe and my buddy is in the blue coupe. Do you think the tire is unloading due to the front end being too loose? My suspension is Lakewood 70/30's up front, 50/50's in back, 4 cylinder springs up front, stockers in the back, Global West Subframe connectors, Global West Track Link, Global West Lower Rear Control Arms and Steeda Anti Roll bar. Best 60 ft has been a 1.40.

http://media.putfile.com/Ed-vs-Brandon
ERStettin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 09:42 PM   #2
LeeH

Re: Stiffer springs or not?

Put some good springs on it, The 4 cyl spring/air bag crap works but that was only because thats all that was available back then. BTW Ed very nice car! The blue cars suspension seems to work well, Try not to use stock springs anywhere on your car.
90GT
93GT
LeeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 10:08 PM   #3
ERStettin

Re: Stiffer springs or not?

Yeah, I have been told I need a stiffer spring up front but with a 1.40 60 ft. I wasn't complaining. I just hope the switch will get me in the 1.3 range. Thanks
Dart 360 (ADPerformance), FTI AFR 225, FTI Edelbrock Victor EFI, FTI Cam, Pro M 80 MM (42lb injectors), KOOKS Longtubes 1 7/8 inch to 2 inch to 3.5 inch collectors, Pro Motion TKO, FMS 4.88, Global West Suspension, ET Drags, TwEECer RT

10.74 @ 127.68 (best so far)

THANKS : Ed Curtis www.flowtechinduction.com, Dave of www.jdsperformance.com, Walt of Pro Motion Transmissions, Jack of www.musclemotors.com, Brian of www.adperformance.com and Matt of SPEC clutches (www.specclutch.com)
ERStettin is offline   Reply With Quote