StreetStangs.net  

Go Back   StreetStangs.net > Technical > Ford Pushrod Tech (5.0 & 5.8)
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-2007, 11:02 PM   #61
04 Mach1
Bet I red light B4U

Send a message via AIM to 04 Mach1
TDC has been established different block and heads have been swap out. Cam has been degree only to find it was a degree off heads have a fresh valve job. At the dyno yesterday with the wideband every thing was going right until you hold throttle at a steady rpm or you try WOT. Even with 80 psi of fuel preasure it would go rich for a split second then go lean. The A/F was 13.2 no matter were the FP was at (42-80). Has a brand new walbro 349(forced induction).Have run new fuel lines from the tank foward and swap a known FP regulator. Has a new 95mm MAF. Have swap in a different set of headers just to make sure the long tubes weren't thin causing the glow.

What does the ecm have to see to go into WOT? At WOT it is basically being run off of the TPS, MAF and what else?

Last edited by 04 Mach1; 04-08-2007 at 11:05 PM.
04 Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 04:58 AM   #62
QWKSNKE
3v's are slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italian LX View Post
Actually, I'm pretty sure he threw a stock block in there too and it still was glowing the headers.
So the current combo is a completely different block?
QWKSNKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 06:36 AM   #63
Italian LX
Daddy x4 ...we're done

Quote:
Originally Posted by QWKSNKE View Post
So the current combo is a completely different block?
I think he has the original block in it now, but at one time (a few weeks ago) he dropped a different short block in there.

'86 Mustang GT Convertible
'88 Mustang LX coupe
'11 Odyssey TE
'21 Insight Touring
Italian LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 06:43 AM   #64
EZ SPEED
Friends

That thing is freaky
Old 04-09-2007, 08:30 AM   #65
CrazyInBlack
Crusin...

with all that has been changed this is freaky
Liberal education has nothing to do with liberal or conservative politics. Liberal education is the simple idea of a broad and well-rounded course of study in the humanities, social sciences, sciences, and the arts. The overarching goal is to liberate the mind from ignorance and superstition.
CrazyInBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 08:58 PM   #66
qkjuicedpony
Dayuuuuuuum!!!!!

are your injectors known to be good and actually what they are said to be?????

07 F350 dooly.....Tows my fifth wheel
qkjuicedpony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 10:43 PM   #67
04 Mach1
Bet I red light B4U

Send a message via AIM to 04 Mach1
Yes I have confirmed these to be 50lbs injectors. I have also swapped in a set of 19, 24, 42 and has done the exact same thing. It will do the same with or without the S/C belt.
04 Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 03:58 AM   #68
PonyChick
Pink Ladies

Send a message via AIM to PonyChick Send a message via Yahoo to PonyChick
Okay this may be far fetched or because of all the parts swaps that you've done it may be ruled out but I felt it was worth a mention.

Completely random but I had a customer come in tonight for an Idle Air Control Valve (motor) and was talking about having a fox 302 that he had gotten an aftermarket IAC for at the parts house. After a short time of it being on the car he kept getting glowing headers. After checking all kinds of things on the car it ended up the aftermarket IAC valve had an extra spot that let in air. It was the correct aftermarket IAC valve just not made exactly OE. He put an OE dealer part back on the car and no more glowing headers. It was getting too much air.

It may not be the particular part but it could give you another area to be looking into. But with all the parts swaps you may have already ruled this out.

Hope it gets figured out!

~Jeanne~
96 GT Coupe "Dusty" (the corner carver)

Teaching the next generation how to drive a stick.

Pink Ladies
PonyChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 08:21 PM   #69
QWKSNKE
3v's are slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyChick View Post
Okay this may be far fetched or because of all the parts swaps that you've done it may be ruled out but I felt it was worth a mention.

Completely random but I had a customer come in tonight for an Idle Air Control Valve (motor) and was talking about having a fox 302 that he had gotten an aftermarket IAC for at the parts house. After a short time of it being on the car he kept getting glowing headers. After checking all kinds of things on the car it ended up the aftermarket IAC valve had an extra spot that let in air. It was the correct aftermarket IAC valve just not made exactly OE. He put an OE dealer part back on the car and no more glowing headers. It was getting too much air.

It may not be the particular part but it could give you another area to be looking into. But with all the parts swaps you may have already ruled this out.

Hope it gets figured out!
that was done when he tried the intake kit off Angela's car a few months back.

Unless I am mistaken he has also removed the EFI at one time and tried a carb setup on it
03 F250 SD.. Edge Evo, AFE Stage 1 CAI
08 GT. JBA axle back, FRPP springs, FRPP swaybars.. daughter's
01 Cobra vert... wife's

I need a new toy
QWKSNKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 08:49 PM   #70
CrazyInBlack
Crusin...

is the full exhaust on the car?
Liberal education has nothing to do with liberal or conservative politics. Liberal education is the simple idea of a broad and well-rounded course of study in the humanities, social sciences, sciences, and the arts. The overarching goal is to liberate the mind from ignorance and superstition.
CrazyInBlack is offline   Reply With Quote