StreetStangs.net  

Go Back   StreetStangs.net > Technical > Mod Motor Tech (4.6 & 5.4)
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2008, 07:49 PM   #1
stock94

Anti-theft

On my 05 GT, does anyone know a trick to programing a new keyless entry control box? I tried like the owners manual said and it didn't work, re-read it many times and tried it many more. If anyone has any ideas let me know so I can try before I have to go to the ford dealer and get jabbed in the @$$
stock94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 05:41 PM   #2
QWKSNKE
3v's are slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by stock94 View Post
On my 05 GT, does anyone know a trick to programing a new keyless entry control box? I tried like the owners manual said and it didn't work, re-read it many times and tried it many more. If anyone has any ideas let me know so I can try before I have to go to the ford dealer and get jabbed in the @$$
I don't have my owners manual here (get my car back tomorrow) but is it like the older cars where you cycle the key 'x' amount of times?
03 F250 SD.. Edge Evo, AFE Stage 1 CAI
08 GT. JBA axle back, FRPP springs, FRPP swaybars.. daughter's
01 Cobra vert... wife's

I need a new toy
QWKSNKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 06:43 PM   #3
EHardy1971
Trunk Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by QWKSNKE View Post
is it like the older cars where you cycle the key 'x' amount of times?

http://programyourremote.com/

Quote:
1. Turn ignition from OFF to RUN 8 times within 10 seconds, with the 8th time ending in
RUN. Door locks will cycle to confirm programming mode.

2. Within 20 seconds press any button on first keyless remote. Door locks will cycle
to confirm programming.

3. Within 20 seconds, press any button on second keyless remote. Door locks will
cycle again to confirm programming.

4. Turn ignition to OFF. Locks will again cycle to indicate end of programming mode.
06 TBSS
EHardy1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 03:07 PM   #4
CrazyInBlack
Crusin...

cool trick
Liberal education has nothing to do with liberal or conservative politics. Liberal education is the simple idea of a broad and well-rounded course of study in the humanities, social sciences, sciences, and the arts. The overarching goal is to liberate the mind from ignorance and superstition.
CrazyInBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 07:45 PM   #5
stock94

Tried all that and ended up going to the dealer. They tried many times,finaly came to the conclusion that something in the Roush PCM program has them locked out of the programing mode. I contacted Roushes tech support and they said that is a good possibility, they haven't seen anything like that before, they said have my dealer contact them. Nice, since the guy that owned it before me put the long tube headers on it and ford canceled the waranty with 30,000 miles on it Guess I'm out a luck unless I wanna pay big for it.
Old 06-12-2008, 07:53 PM   #6
banditmwp
Welcome to America!

Send a message via AIM to banditmwp Send a message via Yahoo to banditmwp
Quote:
Originally Posted by stock94 View Post
Tried all that and ended up going to the dealer. They tried many times,finaly came to the conclusion that something in the Roush PCM program has them locked out of the programing mode. I contacted Roushes tech support and they said that is a good possibility, they haven't seen anything like that before, they said have my dealer contact them. Nice, since the guy that owned it before me put the long tube headers on it and ford canceled the waranty with 30,000 miles on it Guess I'm out a luck unless I wanna pay big for it.
What warranty did ford cancel? Technically, under the Magnusson act, they can only cancel the warranty on parts affected by the header swap, i.e. catalyst and o2 sensors, exhaust gaskets, etc.

That should have nothing to do with the PCM warranty since Roush is an authorized Ford resaler.

91 GT Convertible

2006 Nissan Titan LE Crew Cab
2014 Peterbilt 337/Marion 22' box
banditmwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 07:55 AM   #7
stock94

Maybe I should go to another dealer and check on the warranty or does anyone know if there is a diff. way to check on warranty status?