StreetStangs.net  

Go Back   StreetStangs.net > Technical > Mod Motor Tech (4.6 & 5.4)
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2005, 07:28 AM   #71
svopaul

Send a message via AIM to svopaul
Re: front rotors

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB ZILLA
If that was what was on the white truck that you sold to me...I wouldnt put those pads on a damn go-cart.
The pads broke in half and fell out while my wife was driving the truck. Are they glued together with crazy glue or something?

And yes, I have pics somewhere to prove it.
No, I wore out the first set of pads and those were Wagners from the parts store since I replaced them while moving south and didn't have time to wait for a set to ship.
svopaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 07:32 AM   #72
svopaul

Quote:
Thanks for the info...but there are more reputable posts on the Harley truck board.
I will say this again.......I reasearch EVERYTHING before I buy.
Thats one post for BAD
I have read at least 20 posts for GOOD

That's fine...like I said, I never heard of them before which is why I did a quick search. I would like to know when you get them what is stamped on the back as far as where they were made.

Don't get upset, I'm just trying to dig up info on them since I never heard of them before and that's what I came up with....I'm just trying to save people from spending money more than once on a part
Old 01-25-2005, 10:00 AM   #73
EZ SPEED
Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by svopaul
That's fine...like I said, I never heard of them before which is why I did a quick search. I would like to know when you get them what is stamped on the back as far as where they were made.

Don't get upset, I'm just trying to dig up info on them since I never heard of them before and that's what I came up with....I'm just trying to save people from spending money more than once on a part

I dont get upset over stupid shit......thats why I never read the political posts or anything Joe posted
Old 01-25-2005, 10:02 AM   #74
EZ SPEED
Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by svopaul
No, I wore out the first set of pads and those were Wagners from the parts store since I replaced them while moving south and didn't have time to wait for a set to ship.

False avertisement then....you told me that the pads were Metal Matrix on there
Old 01-25-2005, 10:14 AM   #75
svopaul

Quote:
False avertisement then....you told me that the pads were Metal Matrix on there
I had forgotten about replacing those until about 6 months ago when I found my folder with all my receipts....they were still Stillen Rotors and you still got a steal on the truck considering all the parts on it .

Why did you never tell me about the pads having a problem...at that point I probably would have remembered and could have gone back to Autozone since they had a lifetime warranty on them

Regardless, I don't care if anyone buys the rotors I like/sell...not like they are in stock on the shelf for a Lightning and I need to sell them. I'm never a high pressure sales person....I'll order them if someone wants them otherwise it's their choice. I just make recommendations based on what I have seen/experienced first hand over the past 6 years with performance brakes. There is a lot of advertising "fluff" out there and some products are good and some bad....I just hate to see people waste money on the bad stuff. I admitted up front that I had never heard of Rotorpros and the first search I did found what I shared but I don't know where they are cast or what their pads compound consists of. They may be fine, they may not....you just have to try a set to find out.
Old 01-25-2005, 10:21 AM   #76
TheJeanyus
Administrator

A lot of times on the internet it's a lot easier to find someone saying "Product X is nothing but shit!" than it is to find someone praising that product. People who buy them expecting them to be good, then get a good product, don't usually post high energy positive reviews, but people who are expecting a good product and get a bad one (whether it be a bad product or just a lemon set of brake rotors) get really pissed and jump on the internet to write reviews on every board they're a member of. I've seen it several times before. The internet can be a valuable tool for research, but sometimes you just have to take things with a grain of salt.
TheJeanyus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 10:28 AM   #77
svopaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJeanyus
A lot of times on the internet it's a lot easier to find someone saying "Product X is nothing but shit!" than it is to find someone praising that product. People who buy them expecting them to be good, then get a good product, don't usually post high energy positive reviews, but people who are expecting a good product and get a bad one (whether it be a bad product or just a lemon set of brake rotors) get really pissed and jump on the internet to write reviews on every board they're a member of. I've seen it several times before. The internet can be a valuable tool for research, but sometimes you just have to take things with a grain of salt.
True....but if it is easy to find or a lot of it you have to consider that too...you also have to consider the nature of the complaint and consider if it could be a faulty installer valve or misuse.

What I am surprised is that more people don't complain about Power Stop rotors....but most that I have talked to just figure for what they spent its a lesson learned and won't bother with posting bad reviews on the internet. This happens a lot where a lower cost item is just blown off but when it comes to a substantial amount of $$$ then you can expect the person will scream all over the net like a stuck pig

But with rotors like I said it doesn't matter who makes them as long as they are USA Cast rotors...there is no disputing the quality difference between China and US cast rotors.

Which I why I really am interested to hear from Eric when he gets his to see where the blanks were cast from Rotorpros....if US made then great because the price is good especially if US made