StreetStangs.net  

Go Back   StreetStangs.net > Technical > Interior, Sound, and Shine
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2006, 03:12 AM   #31
hevymtl
Beach Bum

Re: What is in style now??

Very clean, Noel! You dont see many like it.
hevymtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 04:29 AM   #32
Robocop

I do like the new styles very much and also like the 94 and up models as well. I just can not get the Fox Body out of my system. This was the body style that started it all for me. I had 3 total starting with a 1987 then a 1990 and finally the 1992 that I still have. It may be simply that it reminds me of my youth and back in the day the 5.0 Fox body was the one to beat.

Yes I know the new ones are leaps and bounds ahead of the old Fox Body but for me this car still does it....it reminds me of those nights simply cruising around and I had alot of fun in this very car. If I did not already have one and had to start fresh with a build today I would honestly pick a nice coupe. To me the coupe just looks like all business. No flash or fancy wings and with a decent set of rims and paint the 1992 and below coupes still put fear into many street rodders to this day. If you see a nice one on the street everyone always says "damn thats a nice coupe...I bet it is fast"

It has been so long since I have been able to hear that distinct rumble of a set of FlowMasters and a 5.0...nothing else sounds like it. I can not wait to get this car running however for it to look so nice I have a long way to go. All my research has paid off and is helping me to make the good decisions in what way to approach this project....but it has also shown me that it is not so simple as picking a few parts and hoping for the best. I was so far gone from the scene I never even realized Tremek had several new trannys to pick from now and what the hell is this G-Force stuff.I only remember the older 3550 and the World classT5 as the only options....man have I got a lot to learn.

My plan is to have this thing up and running before Summer. Once it is on the street I will then save each month for other things starting with the suspension. Then I may go with the appearance however with the exception of a set of wheels and those blackouts the outside is ok.

I need to decide if I want to get a K-Member before I go any further. Griggs and D&D are the only ones I have priced and I have read good things about Maximum Motorsports stuff. Do I really need a new K-Member?
Robocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 07:07 AM   #33
Italian LX
Daddy x4 ...we're done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robocop
. . . the 1992 and below coupes still put fear into many street rodders to this day.

'86 Mustang GT Convertible
'88 Mustang LX coupe
'11 Odyssey TE
'21 Insight Touring
Italian LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 07:12 AM   #34
Italian LX
Daddy x4 ...we're done

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJeanyus
The wheels aren't that bad. If it were mine, I'd spend money on other stuff first, but wheels would be in the works eventually.

I wasn't able to look at the pics earlier (the links weren't working for me) but now that I got a better look at them, those aren't "Hammer" rims. The Hammers were the mercedes wheels from the AMG Hammer.

Those that you have are more like a variation of the old "Fittipaldi" wheels -- which I always loved on the Mustangs.

'86 Mustang GT Convertible
'88 Mustang LX coupe
'11 Odyssey TE
'21 Insight Touring
Italian LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 07:30 AM   #35
ncontt
pro-jackstand racer

Send a message via AIM to ncontt Send a message via Yahoo to ncontt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italian LX

I wasn't able to look at the pics earlier (the links weren't working for me) but now that I got a better look at them, those aren't "Hammer" rims. The Hammers were the mercedes wheels from the AMG Hammer.

Those that you have are more like a variation of the old "Fittipaldi" wheels -- which I always loved on the Mustangs.

I used to pimp a set of those HAMMERS on my 66 Impala 4dr hdtp. back in the day (reverse rim thank you....impalicious: ) As mentioned previously, get it running first then do the wheels....just my opinion. oh BTW, that thing is CLEAN
Old 02-19-2006, 02:30 AM   #36
Robocop

I guess they look a little like the true Hammer wheels. This is what most people were using way back then and I think the term "Hammer" was all we could come up with. I believe the ones I have on it now were made by Prime wheel company if I remember correct....may have even been American Racing wheel company but I am not sure.
Old 02-19-2006, 06:34 AM   #37
NightHawk756
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robocop
I need to decide if I want to get a K-Member before I go any further. Griggs and D&D are the only ones I have priced and I have read good things about Maximum Motorsports stuff. Do I really need a new K-Member?
I tried to answer this question for ya in the 5.0 section.
Old 02-19-2006, 10:44 AM   #38
The Rock 326
Friends

I need to bring my camera over and take some better pics for you. That camera phone you have sucks!

Seriously, I don't think those pics do the car justice.

(well, at least the "No Fear" stickers are fuzzy looking)

94 Explorer XLT
The Rock 326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 11:42 AM   #39
Disney Lincoln

My $0.02.....

Ditch the wheels. FAST! You can get some 17" Cobras on there real quick so that it looks good enough to drive around.

To me, that tint it too dark anymore. The lighter, more factory looking tint is where it's at. Especially on a white car. Too much black/white contrast with the windows being so dark.

Stock hood all the way. I wouldn't cowl it I dont think. Unless you go with the boy racer big/little on the wheels. The stock hood is where it's at right now.

Clean/clear headlights. New lenses all the way across the front. If you want the custom look, get either some smoked lenses, or the crystal lenses.

Set the car down to about an inch of the tire tread when you get the wheels on. Try to get a 17 or 18x10 in the back, 17 or 18x8 up front. a 295 on back would be pimp. Might even get chrome wheels......

Uber clean details all over. That makes or breaks the car. Get stainless tails, even though you can barely see them on a GT. Keep the inner fenders spotless, Clean the front end up behind the bumper cover. Lot's of stuff can be seen through that little opening on the bottom, make sure it's all clean enough to eat off of. That stuff doesn't costs very much, but goes a LONG way in the visual impact of the car.
Disney Lincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 01:48 PM   #40
Robocop

I do have the factory hood and it is in perfect shape. I really do not like the bigger hoods and with the motor set up I plan to go with I will not have any clearance issues.

Flashbang thanks for the link and I think I will take your advice and have one installed now and go with the other parts after I get my car running.

Richard my camera sucks and I am trying to scrape these damn decals off now.....At least I took that white bulldog sticker off the rear window before the pics. I may use your camera to document parts of this build if I can. Brady told me I could come to Howtons and take pics of the machine process. It would be very cool to have this build on film kind of like a scrapbook.

Disney I really do like the crystal clear lenses however on this car my lenses eventually got a haze to them as most all Fox Bodies do in time. I will get some replacements for the front and I really like the LX tail lights when placed on a GT model....very classy look to me. I mostly like a simple look now and I am kind of hoping for a clean look. I like Italian LXs car...it is a nice simple look with rims and a business type stance.