StreetStangs.net  

Go Back   StreetStangs.net > Technical > Project Cars
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2008, 07:31 PM   #21
Skillet
Lazy Bum

Send a message via AIM to Skillet
Comp Cam XFI Roller 230/236 .576/.571 112LSA 108ICL (intake center line) It has 4 degrees advance in it. I say this because I did not know what it meant and someone else might not either. The peak numbers might not be that higher but the power will be there sooner and the torque should be a lot nicer.
Skillet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 10:58 AM   #22
yellowSVT

get her ready its getting close for the throw down i might even have a suprise or two at track day if i can get my funds up!
2012 f150 4x4 5.0 blk
2012 rzr LE S orange
2012 rzr LE silver/blk
2003 DSG lightning
2001 ford focus ZX3 silver
yellowSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 03:53 PM   #23
coupe
Super Moderator

I would call that a very healthy cam. It will "hit a lick!"
Old 09-16-2008, 08:14 PM   #24
Skillet
Lazy Bum

New cam and springs and electric water pump are in. However during the spring install a couple of the valves were loose. The heads need new valve guides and probably a couple of valves. I'll probably try to pull them off this weekend. In the process I will go ahead and see if they can be milled to give me another quarter point or so of compression. Also the MAF has gone bad. Luckily Les has a parts car I can take one from. Car will probably be down another three weeks.
Old 09-16-2008, 08:16 PM   #25
evrae205

Send a message via AIM to evrae205 Send a message via Yahoo to evrae205
sounds like its coming along nicely trey.

don't suppose you know if less has any ford modular cars out there hed be willing to part out?
evrae205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 09:19 PM   #26
Skillet
Lazy Bum

I haven't seen any mod motor parts cars but I'll double check tomorrow.
Old 09-18-2008, 07:58 AM   #27
coupe
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillet
The heads need new valve guides and probably a couple of valves. I'll probably try to pull them off this weekend...Car will probably be down another three weeks.
Just go to pullapart and get you a set of heads...there's bound to be about 100 pair of "Vortech" heads you can use!
Old 06-13-2009, 10:20 PM   #28
Skillet
Lazy Bum

So the car runs now for the first since September. Ran into problem after problem after problem with it. Everything from machine work to assembly to wrong parts. Most of it was my own fault. I have plans on dumping the car as soon I know everything is working on it. I sold my drag radials and my upper control arms since I have no real intention of keeping the car longer than I have to. I will be headed to Henson Performance sometime in the next couple of weeks to see if it will break the 400 mark and then if I feel like taking the chance on breaking something I will see if I can borrow some drag radials and see if it will break into the 12s. Not holding my breath on either.

P.S. How long do you think I could drive around with a expired tag.
Didn't bother to renew since I thought I would have the car running and sold soon than this.

P.P.S. AC compressor is dead and now the weather is hot so it looks like I will be spending more money just to get rid of it.