01 Cobra vert... wife's

I need a new toy
QWKSNKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 06:07 PM   #12
TurboPete

Quote:
Originally Posted by QWKSNKE View Post
nice Pete. Is this your first foxbody?

Nah , I had a 1984 Mustang SVO back in 1983 , one of the 1st ones in Miami back in the day .

A 91 ,back in 91 basic bolt on's gears long tube headers full Dynomax Super Turbo exhaust , handling springs, pulley's Filter .
Sold that after 2 years
Bought a 93 , and started to go to the track , J302 aluminum heads , cam , GT40 Intake , gears , exhaust and suspension , Car ran 11.80s on muscle @ 113.00 Full weight and Interior , and 10.80s on a 100 shot thru the factory 5 spd Tranny.
Sold that after 4 years and built a Coupe that ran 10.20s on muscle track car for fun .

So yes Ive had a few Fox Bodies , and a few New Edge , 02 GT , a 03 and 04 Mach1 , and now my 07 Turbo Mustang GT.

Ive always wanted to get another fox body hatchback b/c I loved my 93 hatchback , it was very fast back in its day , had a great sounding motor , was just a blast to drive , so I was very lucky to find this one .
Picking it up Sunday , pulling the motor out Monday.

Pete
89 Fox Body 14k original miles lots of goodies!
TurboPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 09:29 PM   #13
acproxer

congrats on a sweet ride.
Old 09-07-2009, 07:24 AM   #14
TurboPete

Well went Saturday to pick up the car and I also picked up a trailer with it . Sorry Camera phone pics.

Ill start taking things apart this week and see what the game plan will be .
Im leaning towards just putting it back together with the R Trim but going to a EFI/Renegade 10 rib pulley instead of the cog belt.

Changeing the hood to a Tru Fiber 2" Cowl and getting a UPR Pro series Anti roll bar .

Pete
Old 09-11-2009, 07:27 PM   #15
TurboPete

Ok nothing ever seems to go as one plans,

Day#2 Engine pulled , and found alot more damage to the motor then we originally thought.
Engine has Edelbrock Aluminum Performer Heads , pulled them out a few bent valves so Ill need to change all the valves and springs . Since the motor is going to have to be built Im going to find a stock shortblock for now , and start a engine build at the end of the month. Dart Block 331, Victor Jr's , and a Victor Jr Intake .

Here are some pics :

Well the game plan now is to just put it together with a stock shortblock , put the new heads and cam on , downs Ford upper , and put the S/C back on . Im going to run only c16 to keep it from any detenation. I know somebody who was running the stock shortblock for awhile with c16 only who ran pretty damn fast. EHHEHEHEHEH.

Here are some more pics I just received thru a camera phone:

Coil Overs are in already :

K-Member and Flaming River Manuel Rack:

Pete

Last edited by TurboPete; 09-11-2009 at 07:33 PM.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:35 PM   #16
TurboPete

Well today my good friend Johnny , gave Me a 5.0 motor that was just laying around his house , its out of a 93 Cobra so at least I have a shortblock that will run until I can budget another engine build , So far I bought the Victor Jr heads , and I got a killer deal on a Victor Jr single plane EFI Intake .
Ordered Comp cams Roller Rocker SS HI-Tech 1.6 arms, MSD Digital Programable 6AL-2, Ford Racing Black Valve Covers , Vortech EFI/Renegade 8" Lower pulley and 2.85 upper.

Will probably just run the set up on a bone stock shortblock for know and save up for a Built 331 for later .

Pete
Old 09-12-2009, 09:19 AM   #17
coupe
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboPete View Post
...and I got a killer deal on a Victor Jr single plane EFI Intake .
Single-plane EFI intake?
Old 09-12-2009, 06:08 PM   #18
TurboPete

Quote:
Originally Posted by coupe View Post
Single-plane EFI intake?

Sorry , Should have said Spyder Intake , im pretty sure thats what they are called .

Pete

Last edited by TurboPete; 09-12-2009 at 06:18 PM.