StreetStangs.net  

Go Back   StreetStangs.net > Technical > Project Cars
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2010, 10:06 PM   #11
rj95svt

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecoupe View Post
they dont complain because they dont want to hear i told you! i just read some on them and seen pics of headers and piping. i would stay away from that kit. you would come out better to flip some shorty headers around and do it myself and get with coupe (Matt) on here for a turbo. you will come out better in the long run IMO

And we also need all the money in the USA we can get
That may very well be the case but several people on corral are starting builds with their kits but I agree that we need to keep the money around in the US
I am just looking right now trying to figure out what is best for me and my financial situation because unfortunately my budget is nearly non existent. It may be a few years before I can afford the turbo kit though so I have plenty of time to figure out what I want.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:39 AM   #12
rj95svt

update, I picked up a low mileage 95 engine the weekend and pulled the oil pan off of it to see what it looked like and it is extremely clean on the inside. I did see that the harmonic dampener was coming apart so I am going to check the main bearings and make sure everything looks good there. The engine had very low mileage and the cylinder walls look like the engine was just put together. I think this will be a good starting point. My plan is to drop on my gt40 heads and intake along with a decent cam. I have not decided on the cam yet but I have changed my mind on the turbo and decided to go N/A. If I need more I'll just put a small shot of nitrous on it. So that leaves me looking at the Anderson N-21 cam which seems to have been designed for combos such as mine.

I have always wanted a turbo car and I do want to build a turbo car at some point but after more thought I may just save that project for my 70 mustang fastback. That car has no A/C, P/S, or P/B's and the shock towers are gone to make way for a mustang II front suspension which leaves me plenty of room for a custom turbo build. I believe that will make a more unique car............ I have to many projects to work on!!!!!!

Here is some pics of the engine as it sits now
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0132.jpg (195.2 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0133.jpg (200.7 KB, 7 views)
Old 04-28-2010, 09:22 AM   #13
Craig K.
Nothing new here

Glad to see another '95 Cobra on here
2011 KIA Optima GTS
Craig K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 03:26 PM   #14
rj95svt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig K. View Post
Glad to see another '95 Cobra on here
I forget how rare 94-95 cobras are due to seeing one every day when I get home now but I see 96-98's nearly every day.