StreetStangs.net  

Go Back   StreetStangs.net > Technical > Project Cars
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2010, 03:03 PM   #11
ncontt
pro-jackstand racer

Send a message via AIM to ncontt Send a message via Yahoo to ncontt
Thanks Edgar. Ya, I also tried the ARP's with the 5/16" head and they worked well, but some of my bolt holes are a bit "tired" and the 1" length makes them a bit "iffy" when tightening them.

Thanks again...I am on the right track but it's these little things that piss you off like you said! Hang in there, hot rods can't all run like your stang!! :-)
Old 09-24-2010, 03:55 PM   #12
Wickd GT
Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncontt View Post
Thanks Edgar. Ya, I also tried the ARP's with the 5/16" head and they worked well, but some of my bolt holes are a bit "tired" and the 1" length makes them a bit "iffy" when tightening them.

Thanks again...I am on the right track but it's these little things that piss you off like you said! Hang in there, hot rods can't all run like your stang!! :-)

Well we took it apart, 2-3 servo was junk and the hard plastic went through the valve body. The overdrive servo had the half of the snap ring out of the groove and the pin of the servo broke off, how??? We don't know. The planetary drum and what ever gear is that joins were both welded to each other, this tranny got REAL hot to do that. The Kevlar overdrive band is fried, but most of the clutches were fine not burn just a bit hot. We are freshening it up completely and the Throttle control cable was crack at the throttle mounting bracket at the throttle. This the reason of the car jerking back and forth. Had to order the the tranny cable which Ford does not sell anymore. So had to call MPS in GA to get a use one which cost 100.00 bucks!!!!

Edgar
Wickd GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 06:23 PM   #13
ncontt
pro-jackstand racer

Dammit!!!! That sucks for sure. If i'm not mistaken those snap rings are notorious for coming loose and wrecking all kinds of hell inside the trannys. I hate dealing with MPS, they absolutely rape folks on parts, but if you need it you need it ya know?

I have just come in from taking my headers off for the 3rd time....looks like I'm going to have to put heli-coils in some of the holes b/c they're just not going to hold. I guess I just muscled up on them too much trying to get them tight so they didn't leak. Oh well!
Old 09-25-2010, 11:02 AM   #14
Wickd GT
Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncontt View Post
Dammit!!!! That sucks for sure. If i'm not mistaken those snap rings are notorious for coming loose and wrecking all kinds of hell inside the trannys. I hate dealing with MPS, they absolutely rape folks on parts, but if you need it you need it ya know?

I have just come in from taking my headers off for the 3rd time....looks like I'm going to have to put heli-coils in some of the holes b/c they're just not going to hold. I guess I just muscled up on them too much trying to get them tight so they didn't leak. Oh well!
Take them to the machine shop and see if the flanges are straight. Ours did not come straight from pony down and I told Jeff about it too.

Edgar
Wickd GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 04:22 PM   #15
ncontt
pro-jackstand racer

going to try and band-aid them for right now. I got this kit "used", it didn't have all the parts (didn't know @ the time), so it's been nickel...well $25'n me to death here lately. I took a belt sander to them LAST time I had them off, but the passenger side is such a bitch to try and get fasteners into that I am considering taking the motor out to helicoil the bolt holes in my heads and put in a new rear main seal that has been weeping a bit of oil (drops here and there).

Going to use the studs to line em up when I put em back on, ASSuming I have enough room in there!

Thanks again.
Brad
Old 09-25-2010, 04:23 PM   #16
ncontt
pro-jackstand racer

oh, btw, what kind of numbers did Cheo's car put down? I can't remember if I saw it somewhere or not.