StreetStangs.net  

Go Back   StreetStangs.net > Technical > EEC Management > Tweecer
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2006, 12:52 PM   #1
slvrbullit
Super Moderator

MAF voltage high as 30k volts

Do you have this problem? I did until I was sitting there about ready to pull out the 9 and put the EEC out of my misery. Had been talking to Lee and Brian about this and they both suggested a bad/corrupt file. Well I said ok and re read the stock eec and saved it to desktop, then I wrote that file to the tweecer and fired it up and started a log file, bam 35k volts at idle on the MAF voltage. SO I go thru and look at everything, turns out that the utilities for the items to log are unchecked even though some of the positions I have on the tweecer have them as checked when I wrote the files.

I then procede to re write the tweecer but with the appropriate boxes checked, this takes care of the super high MAF voltages.

Is it normal for you to have to go to utilities and select a payload everytime when writing a new file? Just curious.

Thanks, hope this helps others that have this problem.
Tommy

2000 Ford F-350 Dually Lariat LE Crew Cab Short Box
7.3 auto 168,000 miles
slvrbullit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 06:00 PM   #2
Dale McPeters
5.0 Block/Walnut Cracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvrbullit View Post
Is it normal for you to have to go to utilities and select a payload everytime when writing a new file? Just curious.
Tommy
Tommy this is not normal at all......
I "ASSume" after recieving the email from Lee F. today that
this will be fixed in the '0X.xxx update of the software.....
Old 08-26-2006, 07:44 PM   #3
QWKSNKE
3v's are slow

Unfortunately yes. Each time you write a new file, you have to select whatever payload you want to datalog
03 F250 SD.. Edge Evo, AFE Stage 1 CAI
08 GT. JBA axle back, FRPP springs, FRPP swaybars.. daughter's
01 Cobra vert... wife's

I need a new toy
QWKSNKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 11:17 PM   #4
86GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by QWKSNKE View Post
Unfortunately yes. Each time you write a new file, you have to select whatever payload you want to datalog
This is not quite true. I can write as many times as I want and not have to redo the payload. There is one catch to this. If any one of the switch positions has a different payload and you switch tunes on the fly the payload will get messed up. I have the same payload in all positions and I have no problems.

A9M, TwEECer, 306ci, 73mm C&L w Tuner Tube, Cobra Intake, 42# inj, Edelbrock 6037, E303 cam, 155 fuel pump, FPR, 70mm TB, E-Fan, 3.55 gears, Powerdyne 9psi actual 5psi...way more.
86GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 10:35 AM   #5
slvrbullit
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86GT View Post
This is not quite true. I can write as many times as I want and not have to redo the payload. There is one catch to this. If any one of the switch positions has a different payload and you switch tunes on the fly the payload will get messed up. I have the same payload in all positions and I have no problems.

So you are suppose to be able to switch on the fly? When I switch on the fly, whether it be driving down the road or sitting idle the car with either stumble really bad if driving or completely die if idle when switched.

2000 Ford F-350 Dually Lariat LE Crew Cab Short Box
7.3 auto 168,000 miles
slvrbullit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 11:58 AM   #6
86GT

I have been able to switch between tunes without any problems. Keep in mind that if the MAFs, Injector offset or slopes are different between the tunes then the stumbling can occur.

If tune number one has had time to adjust (adaptive strategy) and then you switch to tune number two with a leaner MAF then it may stumble or even die.

I stay away from any thing that will affect the adaptive strategy to re adjust. I use the different tunes for things like spark, fuel and even idle info.

A9M, TwEECer, 306ci, 73mm C&L w Tuner Tube, Cobra Intake, 42# inj, Edelbrock 6037, E303 cam, 155 fuel pump, FPR, 70mm TB, E-Fan, 3.55 gears, Powerdyne 9psi actual 5psi...way more.
86GT is offline   Reply With Quote