StreetStangs.net  

Go Back   StreetStangs.net > Trade Goods > Product Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2005, 01:09 PM   #1
SphyNxXx
Resident GM Troll

Send a message via AIM to SphyNxXx
Wolfgang Car Care Products

Here's my testament on Wolfgang car care products.

A couple months ago I ordered the Wolfgang Concours Pre-Wax Polish Enhancer and Deep Gloss Paint Sealant from www.autogeek.com. Ive already applied them to my Corvette and dad's Z28, but yesterday I decided to attack my girlfriends 2000 Neon. She lives on a dirt road, so naturally it stays pretty dirty and before I met her, her car had not been waxed since she got it in 2001. Back in the early fall, I had applied a couple coats of Meguiar's Gold Crap...err...I mean Gold Class to it to give it a little better appearance and some protection since it sleeps outside 24/7. Despite this, the car was in severe need of some TLC. The paint was rough, and has almost no beading of water at all. It also had some bad water spots on it. I did a good wash on it and cleaned the outside well, and got as much dirt as I could out of her door jams etc. I then pulled out my claybar and hit up much of the car. I was going to do the whole car, but I noticed that except for a few troble spots, it wasn't doing much good because the paint was so dull. Then I proceeded to apply a coat of the Wolfgang paint polish. I feel that this was just what her car needed and it was accented even more by the paint sealant which is a pleasure to use. It is very thin in texture and goes on with ease. It actually feels like you're not even applying anything. Below are some before and after shots of her car with one coat of the polish. I highly recommend applying 2 coats of the polish, but it requires a 24 hour curing period after each application and I will try to add a 2nd coat after a week or two. This work was done all by hand and even better results could be achieved if you preceeded the Wolfgang products by a good abrasive paint polish such as Poorboy's SSR2 or Menzerna FPII with a Porter Cable polisher.

First pic is before, 2nd is after. Please ignore my crappy pic taking skills too
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Before1.jpg (95.8 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg After.jpg (79.6 KB, 16 views)
SphyNxXx is offline   Reply With Quote