StreetStangs.net  

Go Back   StreetStangs.net > Technical > Ford Pushrod Tech (5.0 & 5.8)

Old 02-04-2009, 04:21 PM   #11
Blown89

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAD INT View Post
if you are still running the stock snubber you could try trimming it down and see if that stops the issue.Best thing its free to do this !!!
I have no snubber on the car at this point.
Blown89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 04:23 PM   #12
Blown89

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecoupe View Post
i dont understand why its unloading the tires if it comes higher than 6 inchs it does kinda sound like the rearend is to stiff.
Yes its stiff bad stiff.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:27 PM   #13
Blown89

Was thinking of letting the rearend drop down with the car on jack stands and tying a string from the body to the axle with no slack and make a launch and see if it brakes the string.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:31 PM   #14
BAD INT

strange struts and shocks !!!!!!!!!!!! if you want to try a little trick while its on jackstands and assuming it doesnt have an antiroll bar,let the rear sag and loosen the control arms let ever thing sag for a bit and tighten everything back up.It will give it a little more travel.Dont know if the car sets high or low in the ass.If it sets high set rear end on jack stands and loosen and retighten under load.Cheap fix to losen rearend go to autozone and buy the cheapest shocks for a 4cyl mustang.Several ways to try stuff free or cheap before buying quality shocks and struts

Last edited by BAD INT; 02-04-2009 at 04:34 PM.
BAD INT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 04:38 PM   #15
Blown89

Quote:
Originally Posted by militarymustang88gt View Post
i would try a little bit bigger stall so it is up in the power band then start spraying a little higher. see how that works and maybe let a little air out of the tires.
I have tried messing with air pressure car does best with 18 psi cold 20 psi after burnout. Anything less car tends to get stupid and not launch straight.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:40 PM   #16
Blown89

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAD INT View Post
strange struts and shocks !!!!!!!!!!!! if you want to try a little trick while its on jackstands and assuming it doesnt have an antiroll bar,let the rear sag and loosen the control arms let ever thing sag for a bit and tighten everything back up.It will give it a little more travel.Dont know if the car sets high or low in the ass.If it sets high set rear end on jack stands and loosen and retighten under load.Cheap fix to losen rearend go to autozone and buy the cheapest shocks for a 4cyl mustang.Several ways to try stuff free or cheap before buying quality shocks and struts
It does have an antirollbar . But it does sit high in the rear.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:46 AM   #17
coupe
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blown89
This is my 6th converter...I barely get into drive with the new one. Plus i get better mpg .
Just playing devil's advocate here, but it sounds like you've pissed some money away on converters and have settled on one that sounds barely better than stock. Call Lenny at Ultimate Converter Concepts http://www.ultimateconverter.com/ (203) 874-2100...and tell him where you're at.

And check out this thread and some others on that forum about suspension setup...Kevin (Baseline Suspension) and Dave (TeamZ Motorsports) are regulars there...

http://bbs.hardcore50.com/vbulletin/...ad.php?t=16723

Quote:
The last one was an art carr 3000 stall and if you flashed the converter it would try to leave around 4200 on motor and spin not to mention push threw the converter turning over 6000 rpm in drive in the eight mile
It was junk; I hope you got your money back.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:50 AM   #18
qkjuicedpony
Dayuuuuuuum!!!!!

you need to get those tires down to 14psi too.thats where they have worked best for me

07 F350 dooly.....Tows my fifth wheel
qkjuicedpony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 03:53 PM   #19
Blown89

Quote:
Originally Posted by coupe View Post
Just playing devil's advocate here, but it sounds like you've pissed some money away on converters and have settled on one that sounds barely better than stock. Call Lenny at Ultimate Converter Concepts http://www.ultimateconverter.com/ (203) 874-2100...and tell him where you're at.

And check out this thread and some others on that forum about suspension setup...Kevin (Baseline Suspension) and Dave (TeamZ Motorsports) are regulars there...

http://bbs.hardcore50.com/vbulletin/...ad.php?t=16723

It was junk; I hope you got your money back.
Thats the man that hooked me up with the converter i have now. Lenny knock $100 off the price since a buddy of mine bought one from him a year earlier . He just ask for me to call him after i put it in an ran it and let him know what i thought about it and told me that if it ever pushes threw that one to send it back he would fix it for free. Cool guy!
Old 02-05-2009, 04:00 PM   #20
Blown89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blown89 View Post
Thats the man that hooked me up with the converter i have now. Lenny knock $100 off the price since a buddy of mine bought one from him a year earlier . He just ask for me to call him after i put it in an ran it and let him know what i thought about it and told me that if it ever pushes threw that one to send it back he would fix it for free. Cool guy!
Plus Lenny is the only one that I have ever talk to that didn't recommend a 4000 stall for a roots type blower recommended it be as low of stall possible and not stall out at an idle.