StreetStangs.net  

Go Back   StreetStangs.net > Trade Goods > Product Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2005, 05:15 PM   #1
95GTMan
For Rent $25

Thumbs up Lentech AODE review

First off I have had my car for over 7 years and in those 7 years I have been through 4 AODE's the last one lasting the longest at 4 years of hard abuse. So when it started slipping I knew it was inevitable that it was going to bite the bullet soon. So about a year ago I started researching transmissions and kept coming back to a company called Lentech. Although I had read alot of stuff about them in MMFF and 5.0, and was 80% sure this was the trans. I wanted I still had to be 100% sure if I was going to drop this much money on something. Well I searched every ford site I could on the good and bad of Lentech, Art Carr, and PI. All of which had it good and bad as everything does, but Lentech seemed to have less bad than the rest.

Well after making up my mind it was on to the customer service call to see if they would talk to me about there product or just shrug me off because I wasn't buyng then. So I give them a call and talk to Len for 20 min. on his products and what would be right for me. So 2 months later I call back and place my order for the AODE street cruiser and a 9.5" 2400-2600 converter(other review). The shipping was speedy as it only took a week to get from canada to me, and was packaged better than anything I have ever got.

Now onto my impressions. The specially calibrated valvebody they use is great. It give the trans. a firm 1-2 shift, and the harder you get on it the firmer it is. Also it gives the 2-3 shift more firmness. It feels more responsive than my stocker was, and I am basing that off when my stocker was a fresh rebuild. The one thing that don't like is they still use the stock tin can trans. pan, and if you want the deeper billet one it is an extra $200. I have over 2000 miles on it and 3 passes down the 1320, and it still feels just as good now as it did the day I put it in. My overall rating on it is 8 outta 10. ! point took away for the trans. pan, and the other......... well nothings perfect.
95GTMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 09:32 AM   #2
coupe
Super Moderator

Re: Lentech AODE review

Niiiice. I cannot wait to ride/drive. Nothing like a crisp shifting auto.
coupe is offline   Reply With Quote