StreetStangs.net  

Go Back   StreetStangs.net > Technical > Interior, Sound, and Shine
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2006, 09:44 AM   #1
FastRedPonyCar
They call me CrazyFingers

Send a message via AIM to FastRedPonyCar
Is Griot's garage's stuff really that great?

My dad and I have been using some of the stuff that Griot's sells with fairly good results but I'm wanting to really get into the high level maintence stuff and was wondering what experience some of you guys have with their other things.

Specifically, I'm talking about their paint preps and cleaners for wax, their best of show wax (better than NTX?), their speed wipes, and other various cleaners.

I'm taking a good long look at this master kit right here to save money.

http://www.griotsgarage.com/catalog....1001&SKU=11467

I've used their vinyl cleaner, the car wash liquid, the speed shine and claybar and they are all oustanding. The speed shine in particular is incredible.

I'm also interested in their spray on wax which is used before you dry your car each time you wash for between full wax job maintence.

I'm considering asking my dad for their new orbital buffer for my birthday in may. I'm sure he'll get it because he's wanted one as well so even more reason. I think if I tell him I'll wax his BMW, he'd get it for sure.

Any thoughts?

Reason I'm asking is becuase I don't necessarily dislike what I've got now, I just feel like it's cheap stuff. The NTX is good and the meguiars paint cleaner is pretty good too but from what I've heard, the Griot's stuff is much better and more effecient than most of Meguiars stuff.

I wouldn't be getting any of this stuff until May so I'll still be using what I've got so I've got a few months to do more research and get more info.

2017 Dodge Charger ScatPack 392

2016 Mazda CX9 Signature Edition - Hers

1999 Volvo S70 T5 - Un-killable beater (Always for sale)

FastRedPonyCar is offline   Reply With Quote