StreetStangs.net  

Go Back   StreetStangs.net > Technical > Chassis, Drivetrain, Suspension, Brakes & Tires
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2005, 10:42 AM   #1
1sicklx
BamaMafia 4 Life

Control Arms [Topic Split]

I was wondering what company's have addressed the bolt change for 99-up and of those who makes the good stuff.

Its a smaller pond to fish from since many company's haven't bothered with the necessary adjustments.

My car will be a street/strip car.
Old 03-21-2005, 10:51 AM   #2
Sendero
Im gonna show her my...

Re: Control Arms [Topic Split]

I personally recommend either:

Maximum Motorsports

-or-

Pro3i Street Arms

Both have made the adjustments. The Pro3i units are a knockoff of the MM arms made by the former supplier of MM. I have a set of "race" arms from Pro3i and they look exactly identical to a set of MM's. The only problems I had with mine where noise (spherical bushing on the body side) and I tore the swaybar mounting ear off of the passenger side (probably due to my driving). Pro3i replaced my set of LCA's with a brand new pair that has an updated mounting ear for the swaybar. To bad I don't run a rear swaybar now.

Brian and Lee really like the Factory Five Racing LCA's which would be my second choice.

"I believe that a person's moral compass can be determined by how he references free men the right to defend themselves." T. Nugent
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." R. Heinlein
"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience." -Unknown
Sendero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 11:03 AM   #3
1sicklx
BamaMafia 4 Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendero
I personally recommend either:

Maximum Motorsports

-or-

Pro3i Street Arms

Both have made the adjustments. The Pro3i units are a knockoff of the MM arms made by the former supplier of MM. I have a set of "race" arms from Pro3i and they look exactly identical to a set of MM's. The only problems I had with mine where noise (spherical bushing on the body side) and I tore the swaybar mounting ear off of the passenger side (probably due to my driving). Pro3i replaced my set of LCA's with a brand new pair that has an updated mounting ear for the swaybar. To bad I don't run a rear swaybar now.

Brian and Lee really like the Factory Five Racing LCA's which would be my second choice.

thanks for the info. I wasn't aware that FFR LCA's had been adjusted for 99-up since almost everything they offer is geared towards 5.0 donor cars.

What about uppers? Do you have the Pro3i as well?
Old 03-21-2005, 11:56 AM   #4
Sendero
Im gonna show her my...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sickness
thanks for the info. I wasn't aware that FFR LCA's had been adjusted for 99-up since almost everything they offer is geared towards 5.0 donor cars.

What about uppers? Do you have the Pro3i as well?
No, I have the Evolution Motorsports Tri-Link which replaces the UCA's altogether. I do have the Pro3i Race lowers. FFR now has kits geared for 4.6 donor cars. I like the look of a modular engine in the FFR kit.

On the uppers, some of the other drag racers can chime in with their recommendation on a set of UCA's. I do know that you'll want a solid bushing design and stay away from polyurethane bushings in the upper control arms. The poly can cause a snap oversteer in cornering situations.

"I believe that a person's moral compass can be determined by how he references free men the right to defend themselves." T. Nugent
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." R. Heinlein
"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience." -Unknown
Sendero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 09:08 PM   #5
slvrbullit
Super Moderator

I think UPR has made the adjustment as well not 100% sure tho, I have there upper and lower control arms and am very pleased with them.

2000 Ford F-350 Dually Lariat LE Crew Cab Short Box
7.3 auto 168,000 miles
slvrbullit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 10:15 PM   #6
94five0
S-6 Mafia

Location: above a bowling alley and below another bowling alley.

Kenny brown.. was one of the first ones to notice/utilize this change. i beleive most units you buy now have the change, redesign tho..