FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-26-2005, 02:47 PM   #11
Cougar5.0

Re: A9p Act

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt90stang
Hi all,

This is getting old....now I don't get any codes with the resistor fix, but I know at times the ACT is actually getting close to 300*F. This morning on my way to work it had just rained so was granny driving. Decelerated and went around a corner and eased into the throttle and it missed and sputtered real bad (not like before when it threw a code and added more timing) but just wouldn't improve and died with steady throttle. So I'm pretty sure the ACTs where pretty high, wasn't datalogging and don't have the WB02 hooked up, so here is the question:

Do I need to add more fuel at higher temps in FN1307 or what to do to fix this?

Thanks, Don
I'm wondering why you are seeing such high ACT temps. I have a 2L KB pullied for about 9 psi and I do see the ACT rise to maybe 225F max on decel/tip in on a 90 degree day. I actually had the bright idea to replace my ACT with a new unit from the part's store. It failed open circuit in about a week and I witnessed the default behavior. It follows the ECT up to a point and then just sticks there like yours (A9L). Fortunately the check engine light kept coming on as the ACT failed so I knew something strange was going on. I put the 18 year old OE back in and it's worked fine since. I have never seen a temperature above 225F. But when my ACT failed I never had an issue with the car not running correctly - I simply was annoyed by the "check engine" light. Is your bypass valve operating properly? Where is your intake air being drawn from? MAF operating properly? Electrical connections all checked and secure? Somethings up, but I'm not sure it's entirely ACT related. I realize that these are obvious questions that I'm sure you've already checked into - maybe you need to hook up the WB02 and log the event again...
Cougar5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote