StreetStangs.net  

Go Back   StreetStangs.net > Technical > Ford Pushrod Tech (5.0 & 5.8)
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2009, 03:17 PM   #11
tayzoid1
5.slo stanger

nahh im not reall wanting to go to injection but i figgured i ot it for free. all it is is four injectors mounted on a throttle plate with all the supporting sensore it shouldnt be that hard would it? using like a megasquirt standalone all i should have to do is wirein the sensors right? 02's, crank, injectors,maf, coolant right?
Old 11-16-2009, 03:59 PM   #12
tayzoid1
5.slo stanger

ok so if i go for a megasquirt 2 it will come compleatly blank how will i go about getting the car runing so i can do some pulls and start tuning. i am assuming i can download a base tune for what i have? any ideas considering it will be compleatly blank when i get it and of course wont run when is blank.
Old 11-16-2009, 06:17 PM   #13
89five0Gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by coupe View Post
Hard to say if it would work or not. But it really sounds like you might get in over your head with that setup. I strongly suggest having a good carb guy tune the carb on it if your'e wanting a bit better performance, response, or combination of the two.
89five0Gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 07:55 AM   #14
QWKSNKE
3v's are slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by tayzoid1 View Post
nahh im not reall wanting to go to injection but i figgured i ot it for free. all it is is four injectors mounted on a throttle plate with all the supporting sensore it shouldnt be that hard would it? using like a megasquirt standalone all i should have to do is wirein the sensors right? 02's, crank, injectors,maf, coolant right?
That type of system will not use a MAF. Throttlebody injection is not an effecient way to make power anyways

Quote:
Originally Posted by tayzoid1 View Post
ok so if i go for a megasquirt 2 it will come compleatly blank how will i go about getting the car runing so i can do some pulls and start tuning. i am assuming i can download a base tune for what i have? any ideas considering it will be compleatly blank when i get it and of course wont run when is blank.

LOL. No. The only way you will get a base file is if you find someone that deals in megasquirt on v-8 cars. There again though, you are looking at the wrong type of fuel injection if you are only wanting to do a the throttle body injection setup you mentioned earlier.

As others have mentioned in this thread go with the the factory style injection and upgrade with programming that way. That is where your support is at. You will be surprised at how much better car the runs and probably will make more power than with the carb
03 F250 SD.. Edge Evo, AFE Stage 1 CAI
08 GT. JBA axle back, FRPP springs, FRPP swaybars.. daughter's
01 Cobra vert... wife's

I need a new toy
QWKSNKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 07:57 AM   #15
QWKSNKE
3v's are slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by coupe View Post
. I strongly suggest having a good carb guy tune the carb on it if your'e wanting a bit better performance, response, or combination of the two.
LOL. Guess rednecks are getting harder to find
03 F250 SD.. Edge Evo, AFE Stage 1 CAI
08 GT. JBA axle back, FRPP springs, FRPP swaybars.. daughter's
01 Cobra vert... wife's

I need a new toy
QWKSNKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 12:57 AM   #16
tayzoid1
5.slo stanger

i already have the maf. the reason i was wanting to go with this instead of a factory style fuel injection is because of simplicity.....i thought lol i might gather the stuff and see where it goes as for now i got a brand new elderbrock goin on it anyway. so maybe in the future. and everything i have read on the superjection is that it used an anolog computer to controle everything and basicaly it was a bolt on and go type system for carbed cars and actually had pretty good results. but then again your takin late eighties too. so itll be sitting on the shelf for me to try......eventually thanks!

taylor
Old 11-21-2009, 01:09 AM   #17
darkside
marlboro man

If you just want to go to EFI, i'd find a stock harness and all that and go that way.
Old 11-22-2009, 01:47 PM   #18
tayzoid1
5.slo stanger

nahh im happy with the carb and alot of people have used throttlebodies. so ill figgure something out. and im not goin back factory.