StreetStangs.net  

Go Back   StreetStangs.net > Technical > Ford Pushrod Tech (5.0 & 5.8)

Old 08-20-2007, 08:53 PM   #11
qkjuicedpony
Dayuuuuuuum!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coupe View Post
Let me clarify for you:

means "tell me more about the a model."

I, however, offered up interest in a possible trade.

Let me clarify.....If the a model checks out...i have a pile of cash

07 F350 dooly.....Tows my fifth wheel
qkjuicedpony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 11:23 PM   #12
mrmustangconvert

roots blower will be the best because it has bottom end tourque in lower rpms but its going to cost you

your best bet will be a procharger or an s-trim type blower for the money sake of things
13.068 @ 102 with a 1.732 60 ft, 4:30 gears and drag radials, 2.5 inch exaust, x pipe w/ flowmasters, stock motor and trans
mrmustangconvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 09:18 AM   #13
rj95svt

Hellion single turbo!!!!!!!! A properly spec'ed single turbo will make full boost by 3,000 rpm's. With the right stalll converter you'll be able to leave the line with full boost which = boatloads of torque! The downside of the turbo is it's more expensive, a more complicated install, and hotter underhood temps, but since it isn't mechanically linked via belt to the crank it's more efficient at making power. You can safely make more power than you can with the blower due to less stress on the block from having to turn the blower. How much though is debatable though.

The problem with the KB is the absense of a intercooler. The KB isn't near as efficient as a centri and produces more heat which increases the chances for detonation but the KB makes full boost instantly which will make for great low end torque. IMHO a KB needs a intercooler to work at its best.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:02 PM   #14
Blown89

don't spend all your money in one place

you could freshen up your motor with a good set of pistons bolt on a new set of afr 185 heads a 9lb powerdyne kit with larger injectors and air meeter and as for an intercooler a zex wet kit and stay under $4000 that way you'll be able to buy the tires that you have so much fun lighting up.
Blown89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 02:13 PM   #15
mrmustangconvert

Quote:
Originally Posted by rj95svt View Post
Hellion single turbo!!!!!!!! A properly spec'ed single turbo will make full boost by 3,000 rpm's. With the right stalll converter you'll be able to leave the line with full boost which = boatloads of torque! The downside of the turbo is it's more expensive, a more complicated install, and hotter underhood temps, but since it isn't mechanically linked via belt to the crank it's more efficient at making power. You can safely make more power than you can with the blower due to less stress on the block from having to turn the blower. How much though is debatable though.

The problem with the KB is the absense of a intercooler. The KB isn't near as efficient as a centri and produces more heat which increases the chances for detonation but the KB makes full boost instantly which will make for great low end torque. IMHO a KB needs a intercooler to work at its best.
13.068 @ 102 with a 1.732 60 ft, 4:30 gears and drag radials, 2.5 inch exaust, x pipe w/ flowmasters, stock motor and trans
mrmustangconvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 10:52 AM   #16
rj95svt

Very true

Thats the the reason I don't have one!
Old 08-26-2007, 01:27 PM   #17
quickfox87

Quote:
Originally Posted by qkjuicedpony View Post
Let me clarify.....If the a model checks out...i have a pile of cash
so to all you wanting to know about the a model: i have a 1931 a-model cabriolet convertible with the frame, front and rear original fenders, rumble seat deck lid, new windshield frame, straight axle front end and a mustang2 frontend, i think i have 2 grills, headlights and headlight bar, possibly more would have to look around!
$5300 obo for everything! it will definitly not be given away! it is a very rare find!