FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2006, 09:34 PM   #11
Italian LX
Daddy x4 ...we're done

Re: Round one of newb questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior73
Jason,
I will be running an A9* computer. Form what I have gathered, if I shut down the adaptive learning, then the motor will shoot for an A/F ratio that I dictate, not what has been learned.
The ECU will shoot for a particular A/F that you dictate no matter whether adaptive is on or not -- it's displayed as LAMBSE.

Turninng adaptive off only elimnates any compensation that computer would make from the O2 sensor feedback (ie. KAMRF long term fuel trims). For a street car, I would only turn off adaptive while tuning with a wideband. Otherwise, I would leave it on all the time.
Italian LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 03:57 PM   #12
junior73

Alright, I plan on doing all of my tuning with the tweecer. I wanted to shut off adaptive and force open loop, because I am absolutly terified of running lean when I'm in boost. It may never happen/not even be possible, but that is the way I understood things.
I am going to be running a Dynojet WB Commander permantly mounted in the car.
It is most definatly a daily driver. At least until I get a beater to roll around in and save it for nice days. Plan to take it the tracks a few times a year, but nothing crazy. My goal is to have a decent mannered, hot street car. Like I said, I was/am terrified of grenading my new motor.
I am going to try to do a base tune (idle, low rpm stuff) with the blower belt off, and then start working part and WOT.

So if I shut off adaptive while doing my tune, and then turn it back on, the eec will still try to shoot for what I put in the fuel tables, correct?

Thanks for the questions and the answers. All of it helps me get on the right track.

Keith
junior73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 04:12 PM   #13
Italian LX
Daddy x4 ...we're done

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior73
So if I shut off adaptive while doing my tune, and then turn it back on, the eec will still try to shoot for what I put in the fuel tables, correct?
Yes.

'86 Mustang GT Convertible
'88 Mustang LX coupe
'11 Odyssey TE
'21 Insight Touring
Italian LX is offline   Reply With Quote