StreetStangs.net  

Go Back   StreetStangs.net > Technical > Chassis, Drivetrain, Suspension, Brakes & Tires
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2006, 09:17 PM   #11
TheJeanyus
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendero View Post
But, because of the change in the "moment arm" and having a set of Bilsteins valved for my spring rates, my car is firm but not punishing. In fact, on the interstate my car rides as smooth as a Caddy (even though its loud). Over bumps, my car recovers fairly well without to much oscillation.
I can vouch for that. His car rides very different than any other Mustang I've ever been in. It's very firm, yet over broken pavement it isn't harsh and jarring. Where my '98 GT with Eibach's felt like the rear end was bouncing up and down over every little bump, his car is much more forgiving but at the same time has less body roll and weight transfer.
TheJeanyus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 07:14 AM   #12
donfordman30

Smile

Did you put the quads back on? If you didn't you may consider putting them on upside down to keep the rear end from shifting side to side. Should work.
donfordman30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 01:56 PM   #13
slvrbullit
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by donfordman30 View Post
Did you put the quads back on? If you didn't you may consider putting them on upside down to keep the rear end from shifting side to side. Should work.
The quads are not on the car and the rear seems to stay centered. The new shock mount has two bolts instead of one bolt and a tab like stock.

2000 Ford F-350 Dually Lariat LE Crew Cab Short Box
7.3 auto 168,000 miles
slvrbullit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 03:34 PM   #14
Sendero
Im gonna show her my...

Quote:
Originally Posted by donfordman30 View Post
Uhhh, the quad shocks are not designed to control lateral axle movement.

"I believe that a person's moral compass can be determined by how he references free men the right to defend themselves." T. Nugent
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." R. Heinlein
"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience." -Unknown
Sendero is offline   Reply With Quote