StreetStangs.net  

Go Back   StreetStangs.net > Technical > Ford Pushrod Tech (5.0 & 5.8)
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2007, 09:28 PM   #11
Wickd GT
Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03slobra View Post
It made 482hp609tq at the wheels on 150 with 8 degrees timing.I run different plugs now and 11 degrees timing on 150 shot.Its a n71 afm cam 110 lobe separation 232/240 dur 576lift 1.6 rocker.It has a 6600 shift point and will turn at least 7400rpm thats what msd pills it.PM me with more info on tha c4 Im still interested I'd still like to drive it never drove one with c4.
What block do you have? Is it a stock block or after market block. If after market block then 2 stage is fine, stock block, KABUMMMMM!!!! To run a 6.00 that motor be having more than 500hp. Another thing, those heads are small for what you want to do, AFR185s, are they fully ported?

Edgar
Wickd GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 09:51 PM   #12
Italian LX
Daddy x4 ...we're done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickd GT View Post
What block do you have? Is it a stock block or after market block. If after market block then 2 stage is fine, stock block, KABUMMMMM!!!!
So, you wouldn't recommend me running two kits?

http://www.streetstangs.net/showthread.php?p=127423

'86 Mustang GT Convertible
'88 Mustang LX coupe
'11 Odyssey TE
'21 Insight Touring
Italian LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 10:01 PM   #13
03slobra

It is a dss pro bullit longblock I've be running the piss out of it for 2 years and never had a problem with it.If somthing happens to it then I'll go with a dart or boss 302 block but until then i'm gonna give it hell.I know how much hp it takes to run 6.00 and i dont have it right now but i run 6.80 with 1.57 60ft on 150 so if I knock 2/10ths off 60ft and spray another 100 I should be somewhat close,my car is very lightweight.If i cant do it with this setup then I'll do 351 stroker assembly i already got a block waiting.I just wanna go faster and faster I think I might need counseling.lol
03slobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 10:41 PM   #14
EHardy1971
Trunk Monkey

Quote:
It is a dss pro bullit longblock I've be running the piss out of it for 2 years and never had a problem with it.If somthing happens to it then I'll go with a dart or boss 302 block but until then i'm gonna give it hell.I know how much hp it takes to run 6.00 and i dont have it right now but i run 6.80 with 1.57 60ft on 150 so if I knock 2/10ths off 60ft and spray another 100 I should be somewhat close,my car is very lightweight.If i cant do it with this setup then I'll do 351 stroker assembly i already got a block waiting.I just wanna go faster and faster I think I might need counseling.lol
no need for counseling with wanting to go faster!,BUT,DSS has really gone to shit lately!,if you go on corral,or stangnet,do a search!,lots of people have been having LOTS of probs with their stuff lately!,I told Geoffrey about it awhile back,and not to get off of the subject,but I saw your car a couple of weeks ago in the parking lot when you drove it to work,and I have to say the pics do it NO justice! That thing is SWEET!
06 TBSS
EHardy1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 05:31 AM   #15
Wickd GT
Friends

Quote:
It is a dss pro bullit longblock I've be running the piss out of it for 2 years and never had a problem with it.If somthing happens to it then I'll go with a dart or boss 302 block but until then i'm gonna give it hell.I know how much hp it takes to run 6.00 and i dint have it right now but i run 6.80 with 1.57 60ft on 150 so if I knock 2/10ths off 60ft and spray another 100 I should be somewhat close,my car is very lightweight.If i cant do it with this setup then I'll do 351 stroker assembly i already got a block waiting.I just wanna go faster and faster I think I might need counseling.lol
Well with 150 shot you are safe, once you get to that 200 and above is when shit starts to happen. Dss pro 10, 20 or what ever it still a stock block. Lets see, put 250 shot, put some racing fuel in it and cold spark plugs, and take out 9 degrs of timing, a little detonation and the mains will be holding the crank from falling in the oil pan, LOL. If you decide to go with an after market block, do not get the new Boss block, the sleeves are too short, 4.50 compare to the R block or the dart block, which is 6.50 cylinder.

Italian, your block will last a bit more because is a 351 base block, but it is still a 2 main. When the nitrous is on the 150-175 level it is a bit safer, but when you start 200-300 shot now it is in the good tune up area that will make it survive. Remember this, heat produces a lot of detonation. My question to both of you, Preston and Brian, did you guys file fit the piston rings to use nitrous? If they are not file fit, nitrous makes them butt and then the rings start to rattle in the piston causing fuel to stay between the top and second ring and that's when you either lip a piston or blow the top of the piston, but this could happen at any level of nitrous. Just my .02.

Edgar
Old 08-14-2007, 06:51 AM   #16
Italian LX
Daddy x4 ...we're done

Quote:
My question to both of you, Preston and Brian, did you guys file fit the piston rings to use nitrous?
Yes, I file fitted the rings for nitrous. However, I used the low side of the tolerance since it's more of a street car.

At this point, I don't plan on putting more than a 200-shot on it. The reason for the two kits is so that I can launch on a 100-shot and let the 200 take over from 2nd on.

'86 Mustang GT Convertible
'88 Mustang LX coupe
'11 Odyssey TE
'21 Insight Touring
Italian LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 07:19 AM   #17
QWKSNKE
3v's are slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by coupe View Post
The glide will be tolerable, but you will want more gear...especially since you're running 1/8th!!!

Or the C4 would be perfect. I got pics of it in the F/S section now.
Preston's car is a 1/4 mile car unless he is changing
03 F250 SD.. Edge Evo, AFE Stage 1 CAI
08 GT. JBA axle back, FRPP springs, FRPP swaybars.. daughter's
01 Cobra vert... wife's

I need a new toy
QWKSNKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 08:13 AM   #18
coupe
Super Moderator

Quote:
DSS has really gone to shit lately!,if you go on corral,or stangnet,do a search!,lots of people have been having LOTS of probs with their stuff lately
People on Corral & Stangnet have problems with shit period. It's not an issue of DSS. Their stuff is just as good as the next machine shop. Actually very consistent.

QWK, Preston's goal of 6.0's are why I mentioned the 1/8th mile.
It will be a risk with a stock block, but if the tune is there, and the rotating group is decent, it might do it.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:27 AM   #19
1Quik85GT

Quote:
The problem with 3 pedals in a nitrous car is inconsistency. Unless it has a pro shifted tranny, like a liberty, something that does not use the clutch to shift, but streetability goes up on smoke and the tranny too if you don't how to drive it in the street.

Edgar
nothing against you brotha, I hate when people say that, its so untrue, if you are running inconsistent its not the car, tranny etc, its the driver. Either one of my cars I can run within .01-.03 every pass, and thats with either a 400HP street car or a 762HP race car.
1Quik85GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 01:13 PM   #20
Wickd GT
Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Quik85GT View Post
nothing against you brotha, I hate when people say that, its so untrue, if you are running inconsistent its not the car, tranny etc, its the driver. Either one of my cars I can run within .01-.03 every pass, and thats with either a 400HP street car or a 762HP race car.
Naturally aspirated yes, on the bottle it is a very different animal. I have been a 3 pedal all this time, but I could not get the same consistent launch at 5000 rpm on the juice, and shifting in 2nd with the third pedal always pulled the tires and that was wasted times. To make it work better have a ton of money to have that chassis top shape so it can respond to what you throw at it.

Edgar