StreetStangs.net  

Go Back   StreetStangs.net > Technical > EEC Management > Tweecer
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-2010, 10:37 AM   #11
EHardy1971
Trunk Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
does the sticker on ecm say "sefi" or do i need a decoder ring ? the more research i do the more i realize i will most likely have to live with the non sefi setup due to the fact that there is no ecm that will take care of 4x4/e4od/sefi/maf/ obd1 no vehicle existed with that setup from ford , the lightning is maf/e4od/sefi config,but the 4x4 wont go into low range according to most info avail...

a/f ratio is prob good in combustion chamber ..just seems like a waste of fuel ...
Yes, SEFI is what your looking for, for Sequential Electronic Fuel Injection. Yeah, you may have to live with what you have, OR, go with a custom tune. Considering how many of these trucks that were built, I've never understood why there wasn't much of an aftermarket for them. About all you can find for them that is F-150/Bronco specific, is the Edelbrock intake, BBK throttle body, headers, and K&N CAI. And the Edelbrock intakes are expensive.
06 TBSS
EHardy1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 08:49 PM   #12
darkhorse

...edelbrock intake is indeed expensive... i kinda wanna put a carb on it ...seems i have no tuning options ..... and all the trappings of efi
(hoses wires and crap all over the place)
no obd-II tuneability, cant upgrade cam , no really practical way to add maf ... i keep seeing a edelbrock performer intake/carb/cam/heads package ,pertronix ignitor ignition....and just go knucledragger on it .... would be so easy ....
Old 02-07-2011, 12:36 PM   #13
darkhorse

i will start a thread in the right place...ha ha