StreetStangs.net  

Go Back   StreetStangs.net > Technical > Ford Pushrod Tech (5.0 & 5.8)
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2006, 12:11 AM   #1
SteedaChaos

Send a message via Yahoo to SteedaChaos
DCC E. Fans ?

My '92 was handful to keep cool b4 the Vortech, but now it's a monster. I seen from the other post some ya'll run a Tarus w/ a DCC controller http://www.dccontrol.com/

Am interested in the 3516-M and 3018-M fans that they sell, specially the 3018 w/ it's 4300 cfm rating w/ less amp draw, only thing is even trimmed it's has huge width of 5.25in. Ya'll know anything on these? Are they doable/ good for my Vortech set-up?
SteedaChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 04:07 AM   #2
QWKSNKE
3v's are slow

Re: DCC E. Fans ?

No.

Best thing to do is (and it saves you money) find a 3.8 taurus fan and buy the controller itself. Even with the thinner taurus fan you will still need to move your radiator forward to clear the crankshaft blower pulley.

The taurus fan moves around 3800 cfm and I can tell you that is plenty for my car with a 3 row radiator, a/c condensor, and big ass intercooler in front of the fan
QWKSNKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 06:24 AM   #3
One_live95

Send a message via MSN to One_live95

i think i might have one of those taurus fans Craig. I would either check on those or the Viper fans, they are slimliine like 3-4" IIRC, and can be had reasonably, they also pull around 4k cfm as well

So I assume the cap isn't doing what it is supposed to?

jason
One_live95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 11:19 AM   #4
SteedaChaos

Get the 3.8L fan from say a '95 an below? Like this '95 box here.

Or did they offer the 3.8L for the newer '96-up that i should get?

Craig
SteedaChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 07:28 AM   #5
QWKSNKE
3v's are slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteedaChaos
Get the 3.8L fan from say a '95 an below? Like this '95 box here.

Craig
Old 05-07-2006, 04:52 PM   #6
86GT

I have the taurus fan on my 86 and I have no pully clearance issues. the tarus fan is offset to one side therfore no clearance issues. Now if you have a 7 inch crank pully or a 10 rib belt then maybe there will be a clearance issue. I also have the DCC controller. The entire setup is great. I wish I would have found the combo earlier.

A9M, TwEECer, 306ci, 73mm C&L w Tuner Tube, Cobra Intake, 42# inj, Edelbrock 6037, E303 cam, 155 fuel pump, FPR, 70mm TB, E-Fan, 3.55 gears, Powerdyne 9psi actual 5psi...way more.
86GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 05:49 PM   #7
SteedaChaos

It's the 6.87in 8rib pulley for the 8psi set-up, that pretty tight eh O_O?
Old 05-07-2006, 07:25 PM   #8
86GT

I believe mine a a stock 6.5in pulley and a stock 6 rib belt. I have about a finger width between the top of the pulley and the bottom of the fan. That 6.87 might be to close. This is also on a 2 core (1 inch per core) radiator. My fan could be mounted up further if I needed.

Also be carefull with what people say about clearance. The pre 92 mustangs had different motor mounts for convertables vs hard tops. The convertables uses a 3/4 inch lower motor mount. Starting in 1992 they all use the convertable mounts.

I only found this out when I was going to put on a strut tower brace and none of them fit. When I converted to the convertable mounts the strut tower brace fit.

You should already have the lower mounts according to your signature.

A9M, TwEECer, 306ci, 73mm C&L w Tuner Tube, Cobra Intake, 42# inj, Edelbrock 6037, E303 cam, 155 fuel pump, FPR, 70mm TB, E-Fan, 3.55 gears, Powerdyne 9psi actual 5psi...way more.
Old 05-07-2006, 07:38 PM   #9
QWKSNKE
3v's are slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86GT
I believe mine a a stock 6.5in pulley and a stock 6 rib belt. I have about a finger width between the top of the pulley and the bottom of the fan. That 6.87 might be to close. This is also on a 2 core (1 inch per core) radiator. My fan could be mounted up further if I needed.

Also be carefull with what people say about clearance. The pre 92 mustangs had different motor mounts for convertables vs hard tops. The convertables uses a 3/4 inch lower motor mount. Starting in 1992 they all use the convertable mounts.

I only found this out when I was going to put on a strut tower brace and none of them fit. When I converted to the convertable mounts the strut tower brace fit.

You should already have the lower mounts according to your signature.

interesting Clint. I knew about the different mounts but I didn't realize the engine actually sat lower because of it.
Old 05-07-2006, 07:44 PM   #10
86GT

Yep, just by looking at the two mounts side by side, I could not tell. They sure do make the engine sit lower. I ended up not putting the strut tower brace in, but I liked the idea of a lower center of gravity.

Now that I think of it, I bet that throws off the pinion angle. Hum!!!