StreetStangs.net  

Go Back   StreetStangs.net > Technical > Mod Motor Tech (4.6 & 5.4)
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2006, 03:51 PM   #11
coupe
Super Moderator

Guys, keep me up to date on your Tremec issues please.
I've asked a couple guys here about it personally, but if you have any strange vibrations or shifting issues, let me know. And tell me your clutch combo too. I'm pinpointing some issues that have come up and trying to rule out clutch-causes (working with Tremec as well). PM me or email me. Thanks.
Old 08-28-2006, 07:59 PM   #12
Italian LX
Daddy x4 ...we're done

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvrbullit View Post
I thought they all came with the billet TKO shifter. Did yours not come with one Brian?
Yeah, mine came with one, but i thought I heard recently where someone bought one and it did't come with one.

I guess I was mistaken.

'86 Mustang GT Convertible
'88 Mustang LX coupe
'11 Odyssey TE
'21 Insight Touring
Italian LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 02:11 PM   #13
86GT

Mine TKO500 came with only the base. I had to retro fit my stock shifter handle to fit. This trany came straight from D&D performance.

A9M, TwEECer, 306ci, 73mm C&L w Tuner Tube, Cobra Intake, 42# inj, Edelbrock 6037, E303 cam, 155 fuel pump, FPR, 70mm TB, E-Fan, 3.55 gears, Powerdyne 9psi actual 5psi...way more.

Last edited by 86GT; 08-29-2006 at 02:21 PM.
86GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 02:16 PM   #14
Italian LX
Daddy x4 ...we're done

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86GT View Post
Mine came with just the base. I had to retro fit my stock shifter handle to fit.
Yeah, I don't any of them came with the handle... only the shifter base.

I had to enlarge the holes in my ti-ax handle to make it work. I also ended up having to fabricate and extension because the handle was too short.

'86 Mustang GT Convertible
'88 Mustang LX coupe
'11 Odyssey TE
'21 Insight Touring
Italian LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 02:24 PM   #15
86GT

That is what I tought. I ended up going to the local hardware store any buying the two collars to mount the stock handle. It was no big deal. It was just an inconvience to have to go to the hardware store.

A9M, TwEECer, 306ci, 73mm C&L w Tuner Tube, Cobra Intake, 42# inj, Edelbrock 6037, E303 cam, 155 fuel pump, FPR, 70mm TB, E-Fan, 3.55 gears, Powerdyne 9psi actual 5psi...way more.
86GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 10:37 PM   #16
SteedaChaos

Send a message via Yahoo to SteedaChaos
Hey Silver, no i haven't had any luck with my bro's yet. It's infuriating to find out that it seems everyone w/ a SN-95 w/ TKO's have vibe problems from here, MPH, and N2Spd.com, only one guy on MPH got rid of his vibes he has his pinion angle dialed-in at -3 degrees w/ the TKO mounted straight to the cross-member with no spacer to lift the trans's tail-end, i got 5/8 in spacer under the trans atm w/ the pinion angle dialed-in at -2.5'ish and vibes come in strong after 70mph.

One reported the center line diff. for the TKO is 1 inch lower than the 3650 and w/ my bro's '03 anything past 5/8in lift on the TKO would put it on the car body. Atm i'm waiting for the new sport springs to settle then go back at it again. I want to look into why we were having promising results just raising the trans up with various spacers but when they adj uppers went in the vibes went for the worse. First setting was -6 (very bad enough to bust a motor vibe), -4, and lastly -2.5 (at this point it's still was worse than b4 the uppers went in)
Old 09-06-2006, 07:58 AM   #17
slvrbullit
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italian LX View Post
Yeah, mine came with one, but i thought I heard recently where someone bought one and it did't come with one.

I guess I was mistaken.

I was the one who bought one that did not have a handle, but I bought my trans from a buddy that had it in his car for maybe 1000 miles.

2000 Ford F-350 Dually Lariat LE Crew Cab Short Box
7.3 auto 168,000 miles
slvrbullit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 08:03 AM   #18
slvrbullit
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteedaChaos View Post
Hey Silver, no i haven't had any luck with my bro's yet. It's infuriating to find out that it seems everyone w/ a SN-95 w/ TKO's have vibe problems from here, MPH, and N2Spd.com, only one guy on MPH got rid of his vibes he has his pinion angle dialed-in at -3 degrees w/ the TKO mounted straight to the cross-member with no spacer to lift the trans's tail-end, i got 5/8 in spacer under the trans atm w/ the pinion angle dialed-in at -2.5'ish and vibes come in strong after 70mph.

One reported the center line diff. for the TKO is 1 inch lower than the 3650 and w/ my bro's '03 anything past 5/8in lift on the TKO would put it on the car body. Atm i'm waiting for the new sport springs to settle then go back at it again. I want to look into why we were having promising results just raising the trans up with various spacers but when they adj uppers went in the vibes went for the worse. First setting was -6 (very bad enough to bust a motor vibe), -4, and lastly -2.5 (at this point it's still was worse than b4 the uppers went in)

Yeah there are quite a few guys on SN that have this issues too from what I read. There is one guy that told me he has changed everything from the motor mount to the rear suspension and he is still having issues.

FWIW I talked to a guy at D&D and he told me to take out the Urethane tranny mount and to put the stock one back in. In my mind that will just mask the problem. So that is strike one against them for me.

2000 Ford F-350 Dually Lariat LE Crew Cab Short Box
7.3 auto 168,000 miles
slvrbullit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 10:34 AM   #19
SteedaChaos

Send a message via Yahoo to SteedaChaos
Ugh and we have the stock mount on his. Yea Rick ran that by me, the ideal of lower motor mounts but said w/ the BBK shorties he doesn't see any room for clearance to drop the motor.
Old 10-31-2006, 01:51 PM   #20
NightHawk756
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Update......

Sorry, I haven't been around much in the last month...not that I was missed anyway My puter is sick and is getting cleaned up.

Anyway, the cars running and I've put about 700 miles on it. I'm not sure where ya'll are getting the vibrations at...but mine does it only in 5th. But it's not bad enough for me to really tell, without holding the shifter and feeling it through it. 1st through 4th I don't feel anything...or atleast that I notice anyway.

Brian.....I.....as of right now...HATE the 2-3 shift. I miss third probably 50% of the time. I'm hoping with more practice that I'll get used to it...but it just isn't where your mind thinks it is.