StreetStangs.net  

Go Back   StreetStangs.net > Technical > EEC Management

Old 10-16-2010, 07:24 AM   #21
Wickd GT
Friends

Well my tuner call me last night. He said he got it tune and fixed, he said there is turbulence in the air meter. So he wants to move the blow off valve and the Mass air meter away from the curve of the inter cooler, move it a bit higher, he said about 3-4" so the air can straighten out. Ok here it goes, I was at Montgomery last night helping Mike with his limited street car, when I get a text from my tuner to call him. I said oh shit this thing blow up! Well he said I have it tune and corrected, but then he ask me what internals are in the motor, I said everything is forge, but the block is stock. He said " Well I can't go any further I have it at 552hp and 672ft lbs and have not yet hit 80% duty cycle on the injectors and the Mass is not even close to be pegged!!! Oh and that's on 9psi!!! I said how you know that, you were only tuning on the street. He said he went to Wayne's dyno which has the eddie brake on it and made a couple of pulls to check his tune and he said the car is big time violent at the hit. The torque comes in right at 3000rpm and stays that way, Damn!!! Now he said to make it better need to fixed the Tranny. So I said to him that I'm going to order an AOD that hold 950hp with a full manual valve body.
Here is the kicker, he said I want to take this one off and put the new one in at no charge to you, my name is on this car and I want to be put out there. I said DEAL!! This guy got the Moates/Quarter horse program and with the company that sold him this equipment got live with him on his laptop and looked at everything he did, he said to him, you don't need my help you have right on. This guy tunes the newer model Mustangs through the SCT hand held stuff and showed me a car that was pretty much stock, an 03 cobra, and I could not beleive the Hp he got out of it. This guy is a Ford genius! Our local Ford dealers come to him for help and tools they don't have and can't get, this guy has it.

So the person that was Live with him on the tuning read the tune from the SCT chip, quote " Who ever tune this car he only tune for WOT, only and did not run it on the street for cruise tune. All parameters were off big time making the computer fight against all or any changes made. One thing they found was that the O2 sensors were fighting each other. The O2 sensors are in a 45* angle in the down pipe, so driver side was telling the computer that it was lean but the passenger side was signaling that it was rich. So tuner turn the drivers side off and all eight cylinders are reading from the passenger side one.

Anyway this guy is very friendly down to earth and a great person to deal with plus he is into racing too. You should see the F250's diesels, Duramax and Dodge when he tunes them. I saw an F250 with 39" tires and a raised kit, bad ass truck, showed me after he put studs and new gasket to a 6.0 stroke, blow off all four tires at the hit, I'm saying like there were stock tires on them, I was shocked when I saw that.

So, he still has the car and said to me, until the tranny gets here he will make more adjustments until he gets it perfect. To say I'm a happy customer, yes and will put my neck on the line recommending him to anyone. His shop is called Pro Masters, in Enterprise.

Edgar

Last edited by Wickd GT; 10-16-2010 at 07:28 AM.
Wickd GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 07:38 AM   #22
SilverBack

That's good to hear Edgar! It's amazing the power a turbo car will make. Better be careful with that stock block...seems a lot of the turbo 5.0 guys have broken them when over 500rwhp.

Who did the SCT tune that was no-good?
SilverBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 08:24 AM   #23
Wickd GT
Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBack View Post
That's good to hear Edgar! It's amazing the power a turbo car will make. Better be careful with that stock block...seems a lot of the turbo 5.0 guys have broken them when over 500rwhp.

Who did the SCT tune that was no-good?
You have a PM
Old 10-16-2010, 09:32 AM   #24
QWKSNKE
3v's are slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickd GT View Post
Well my tuner call me last night. He said he got it tune and fixed, he said there is turbulence in the air meter. So he wants to move the blow off valve and the Mass air meter away from the curve of the inter cooler, move it a bit higher, he said about 3-4" so the air can straighten out. Ok here it goes, I was at Montgomery last night helping Mike with his limited street car, when I get a text from my tuner to call him. I said oh shit this thing blow up! Well he said I have it tune and corrected, but then he ask me what internals are in the motor, I said everything is forge, but the block is stock. He said " Well I can't go any further I have it at 552hp and 672ft lbs and have not yet hit 80% duty cycle on the injectors and the Mass is not even close to be pegged!!! Oh and that's on 9psi!!! I said how you know that, you were only tuning on the street. He said he went to Wayne's dyno which has the eddie brake on it and made a couple of pulls to check his tune and he said the car is big time violent at the hit. The torque comes in right at 3000rpm and stays that way, Damn!!! Now he said to make it better need to fixed the Tranny. So I said to him that I'm going to order an AOD that hold 950hp with a full manual valve body.
Here is the kicker, he said I want to take this one off and put the new one in at no charge to you, my name is on this car and I want to be put out there. I said DEAL!! This guy got the Moates/Quarter horse program and with the company that sold him this equipment got live with him on his laptop and looked at everything he did, he said to him, you don't need my help you have right on. This guy tunes the newer model Mustangs through the SCT hand held stuff and showed me a car that was pretty much stock, an 03 cobra, and I could not beleive the Hp he got out of it. This guy is a Ford genius! Our local Ford dealers come to him for help and tools they don't have and can't get, this guy has it.

So the person that was Live with him on the tuning read the tune from the SCT chip, quote " Who ever tune this car he only tune for WOT, only and did not run it on the street for cruise tune. All parameters were off big time making the computer fight against all or any changes made. One thing they found was that the O2 sensors were fighting each other. The O2 sensors are in a 45* angle in the down pipe, so driver side was telling the computer that it was lean but the passenger side was signaling that it was rich. So tuner turn the drivers side off and all eight cylinders are reading from the passenger side one.

Anyway this guy is very friendly down to earth and a great person to deal with plus he is into racing too. You should see the F250's diesels, Duramax and Dodge when he tunes them. I saw an F250 with 39" tires and a raised kit, bad ass truck, showed me after he put studs and new gasket to a 6.0 stroke, blow off all four tires at the hit, I'm saying like there were stock tires on them, I was shocked when I saw that.

So, he still has the car and said to me, until the tranny gets here he will make more adjustments until he gets it perfect. To say I'm a happy customer, yes and will put my neck on the line recommending him to anyone. His shop is called Pro Masters, in Enterprise.

Edgar
I knew it had to be the tune or the meter. Like I told you a few weeks back when Italian and I did the procharger tune on my cobra we did at least a few weeks worth of datalogging and tune changes on the street to get it right. I bet we would put 200 miles worth of datalogging and make tune adjustments every 30-40 miles.

If he has it right, car should still get good fuel economy while making big power. we had the cobra at 536rwhp and a hair under 21mpg on the highway with the a/c on.
03 F250 SD.. Edge Evo, AFE Stage 1 CAI
08 GT. JBA axle back, FRPP springs, FRPP swaybars.. daughter's
01 Cobra vert... wife's

I need a new toy
QWKSNKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 09:48 AM   #25
ncontt
pro-jackstand racer

Send a message via AIM to ncontt Send a message via Yahoo to ncontt
that's awesome!!!
Old 10-16-2010, 09:57 AM   #26
Wickd GT
Friends

By the way, this is all happening at up 5000rpms, he didn't want to go further cause the power was still climbing. I just put a deposit on an AOD 700 hp tranny with full manual valve body from www.Silverfoxtrans.com Built for Cheo's car specs. Lifetime warranty, can't beat that.

Edgar
Old 10-16-2010, 03:23 PM   #27
EZ SPEED
Friends

Awesome !! congrats!
Old 10-16-2010, 06:12 PM   #28
Wickd GT
Friends

Here is the Dyno sheet:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg edgar 347 stroker turbo.JPG (58.4 KB, 24 views)
Old 10-17-2010, 06:46 PM   #29
SlowJoe
Mind Blowing

you better watch it he is going to blow by you! glad you got it work out
WTB 1955 t-bird project
SlowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 04:01 PM   #30
coupe
Super Moderator

Glad you went with Dan @ Silverfox Transmissions!

I've talked to him about built AOD's before also.

He's prominent over on www.clickclickracing.com
coupe is offline   Reply With Quote